No Artics on the BX55 route

MTARegional Bus

The Bx55 is no longer an artic route due to the Spring Pick. It is now with Vs and artics have been making their way into Manhattan.

Wat do u mean Spring Pick? So this is only for Spring/Summer?

------------------------

As for the Vs on Bronx 55 im guessing more over crowded buses along the 3rd Ave route, seeing that the Bronx 55 gets packed and Bronx 15.. Ive seen some on the Bronx 9, like this week at Fordham Plaza

Would this mean that Orion V will go to WF and NGs could head to KB?

Wat do u mean Spring Pick? So this is only for Spring/Summer?

------------------------

As for the Vs on Bronx 55 im guessing more over crowded buses along the 3rd Ave route, seeing that the Bronx 55 gets packed and Bronx 15.. Ive seen some on the Bronx 9, like this week at Fordham Plaza

Would this mean that Orion V will go to WF and NGs could head to KB?

Egg-zack-ly.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

IIRC, the spring pick is exactly like the winter pick (I don't recall routes ever swtiching depots for SP so that might be the only difference). So this is until further notice.

I know for a fact that 5250-5259 left KB for GH MJQ and 126 not sure which went where though. The lowest 5200 I've seen is 5261. I don't know what else left.

Artics have been on the bx26 and 28 outside of rush hours now and more O5 have been on the bx9. KB's average bus age ain't looking too good right now so I'm hoping the 4100s end up there.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

IIRC, the spring pick is exactly like the winter pick (I don't recall routes ever swtiching depots for SP so that might be the only difference). So this is until further notice.

I know for a fact that 5250-5259 left KB for GH MJQ and 126 not sure which went where though. The lowest 5200 I've seen is 5261. I don't know what else left.

Artics have been on the bx26 and 28 outside of rush hours now and more O5 have been on the bx9. KB's average bus age ain't looking too good right now so I'm hoping the 4100s end up there.

Artics been on the Bx30 too, caught two in a row. I don't want Kingsbridge to get NGs, I want them to get thier Novas back. And 5251-5253 I know is in Gun Hill, 5256 in 126th, 5257 in MJQ.

Artics been on the Bx30 too, caught two in a row. I don't want Kingsbridge to get NGs, I want them to get thier Novas back. And 5251-5253 I know is in Gun Hill, 5256 in 126th, 5257 in MJQ.

I wouldn't mind the Novas coming back but some Hybrids need to be out of KB. The O5's are done and KB's riders are suffering

It would be great to see Kingsbridge get the new Hybrids but isn't KB notorious for having horrible issues with maintenance? Not to say that they shouldn't get it cause the bus fleet from there is old and you can see it, but I'm just wondering.

I would like if Kingsbridge depot do recieve new orion7ng.

i am guessing that kingsbridge have too many artic new flyer

or orion5. and they wont able too handle too many buses.

so that why they giving out orion5 and new flyer bus

to other depot. but i am gueesing kingsbridge depot might have chance to get new orion7ng. if they give away #6260 - #6267 to West farms depot.?

( West farms depot will retire #180 - #192 ( 1993 - 1995 orion5)?

give #455 - #472 to Casey Stengal depot? Casey Stengal depot will retrie #200 series 1993 orion5. give #6241 - #6242 Casey Stengal depot?

Gun Hill depot get #6277.?that will be fair enough that West farms depot , Gun Hill depot and Casey Stengal will able to retire 1993 orion5?

KB does NOT have horrible maintenance issues. Rather, KB seems to have been designated as a hospice for half-dead Orion Vs. Many of the Vs KB currently has (471-504 and 555-574) are ex-CAS and YUK that were three quarters dead when they arrived and should be rebuilt or retired. CAS and YUK ran those buses into the ground for over a decade, then sent them to KB so they could get NGs. In fact, since KB has gotten the 95-96 O5s, MDBFs on those buses have gone significantly up. Having done what it did with the fleet of tin cans it got saddled with, KB not only deserves to get 4092-4169 but could probably keep them running longer than any other depot once they arrive.

KB does NOT have horrible maintenance issues. Rather, KB seems to have been designated as a hospice for half-dead Orion Vs. Many of the Vs KB currently has (471-504 and 555-574) are ex-CAS and YUK that were three quarters dead when they arrived and should be rebuilt or retired. CAS and YUK ran those buses into the ground for over a decade, then sent them to KB so they could get NGs. In fact, since KB has gotten the 95-96 O5s, MDBFs on those buses have gone significantly up. Having done what it did with the fleet of tin cans it got saddled with, KB not only deserves to get 4092-4169 but could probably keep them running longer than any other depot once they arrive.

Preach the truth! Lol. Hopefully 4092+ do end up over there soon because Hot weather+ all those O5's= massive breakdowns. KB is the only depot whose fleet perpetually gets older. At this point im thinking someone @ DOB either has a vendetta against the depot or is waiting for a 400 to spontaneously combust before they acknowledge that the fleet age @ KB is high

Preach the truth! Lol. Hopefully 4092+ do end up over there soon because Hot weather+ all those O5's= massive breakdowns. KB is the only depot whose fleet perpetually gets older. At this point im thinking someone @ DOB either has a vendetta against the depot or is waiting for a 400 to spontaneously combust before they acknowledge that the fleet age @ KB is unusally high

Does that explain how crappy thier Artics are? I seen one with lights hanging off (5701), one with a loose panel in service (56xx), about 5 of them messing up on the Bx9 uphill, either too weak or overheating, I was on 2 of them that were too weak to go up the hills. I really avoid Kingsbridge no matter what bus they get.

I do have to admit the artics do sound like crap, with the exception of some of the artics that are actually pretty good. Appearances with some of the artics seem to be alright, but its the hardware (so to speak) thats the problem. But now that KB sent some of their good artics down here in Manhattan, well things have gotten better for them. Plus MJQ lost 3 artics to 100th street and 126th lost 2 to 100th street for who knows what reason. So I guess KB picked up for the loss.

The spring pick for this year was rather different. Seeing as how now KB is spreading their artics around the city now, 5255-5257 is here in Manhattan while 5250-5253 or 54 is in Gun Hill atm. Some are bound to be in West Farms to assist with routes like the Bx36.

As for the hybrids. I can totally imagine a Hybrid in depots like KB, JFK & Far Rockaway and LGA sounding like this eventually

And for those who dont know, 9173 is back in Flatbush.

Kingsbridge doesn't deserve new buses at all. KB is the worst maintained depot in all of MaBSTOA. Their D60HF's are falling apart. Those 57xx D60HF's look older than they are. I would like to see those MDBF's numbers. I'm laughing at your last comment. The only deopt that can keep their buses running longer is MJQ. If the mechanics at MJQ see the conditions at KB, they would be disgusted.

There is no reason to defend KB for the (lack) of maintenence.

That reminds me of a story my uncle told me about the 5220s and 5240s that are there now. The rear LEDs came in all broken and it was cause of issues in Flatbush Depot. Only a few of the LEDs are fixed, a majority of them are still in disarray. Whatever Flatbush did to those LEDs, MJQ is having problems with.

And the 8400s MJQ has underwent a complete makeover. 8411 sounded and looked like crap the first few days it was in MJQ. Now it looks like it has been upgraded to MJQ Standards.

Kingsbridge doesn't deserve new buses at all. KB is the worst maintained depot in all of MaBSTOA. Their D60HF's are falling apart. Those 57xx D60HF's look older than they are. I would like to see those MDBF's numbers. I'm laughing at your last comment. The only deopt that can keep their buses running longer is MJQ. If the mechanics at MJQ see the conditions at KB, they would be disgusted.

There is no reason to defend KB for the (lack) of maintenence.

The reason that KB's artics are starting to come apart is because KB got some 50 to 60 lemons all at once and spent so much time making them presentable that the artics suffered. Beides, I live up there and regularly ride the Bx1/2/9. Most of those artics are in pretty good shape. In any case, the growling noise on the D60HFs is not a bad sign, and the problems they have are relatively superficial.

Look at where those 57xx D60HF's began their lifespan at. If you don't want to guess, I'll tell you. MJQ had first dibs on the 57xx Artics. As MJQ began to get in the later numbers, they sent one to KB and son and so forth till MJQ received 5769.

KB's D60HF's look really bad. I rode on one on the (2) shuttle, that bus rode like garbage. If Kingsbridge were to change their ways, then their fleet would be in far better shape. All the abuse the 1993 Orion's have been given, I don't think those buses can last for two more years. Don't get me started on Gun Hill. Until they were given the 57xx D60HF's, thier maintenence was horrible. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

I understand that. But I have been riding the 57xx artics twice to three times a week on the Bx1/2 and the Bx9 for over three years. The artics on the Bx9 complain a little on the uphill stretches between Fordham Plaza and 192 St and between Bailey Av and Sedgwick Av. On the Bx1/2, however, those artics regularly do 30-40 MPH from Kingsbridge Rd to Sedgwick Av with few or no complaints. I see your point about the 57xx's originally coming out of MJQ and I have noticed power steering and suspension issues on two or three of the 52xx and 54xx artics, but I doubt that the conditions at KB are solely responsible for any issues the artics might have. As for Gun Hill, I agree with you on the problems with their 1xx-3xx O5s. Those buses really need to be either massively overhauled or retired.

I understand that. But I have been riding the 57xx artics twice to three times a week on the Bx1/2 and the Bx9 for over three years. The artics on the Bx9 complain a little on the uphill stretches between Fordham Plaza and 192 St and between Bailey Av and Sedgwick Av. On the Bx1/2, however, those artics regularly do 30-40 MPH from Kingsbridge Rd to Sedgwick Av with few or no complaints. I see your point about the 57xx's originally coming out of MJQ and I have noticed power steering and suspension issues on two or three of the 52xx and 54xx artics, but I doubt that the conditions at KB are solely responsible for any issues the artics might have. As for Gun Hill, I agree with you on the problems with their 1xx-3xx O5s. Those buses really need to be either massively overhauled or retired.
Gun Hill 1993 Vs still move fast, all they need is new ACs and some body work. And also almost all Artics can do 30-40MPH without a problem, 5731 can do 60 real quick. I never rode one KB Artic that went over 45MPH even the few ungoverned ones. I hate how people dis the 1993 Vs in Gun Hill just because they look bad, sure they raggity too but the engine is decent. Only problem with a select few is the injectors.

I do have to admit the artics do sound like crap, with the exception of some of the artics that are actually pretty good. Appearances with some of the artics seem to be alright, but its the hardware (so to speak) thats the problem. But now that KB sent some of their good artics down here in Manhattan, well things have gotten better for them. Plus MJQ lost 3 artics to 100th street and 126th lost 2 to 100th street for who knows what reason. So I guess KB picked up for the loss.

The spring pick for this year was rather different. Seeing as how now KB is spreading their artics around the city now, 5255-5257 is here in Manhattan while 5250-5253 or 54 is in Gun Hill atm. Some are bound to be in West Farms to assist with routes like the Bx36.

As for the hybrids. I can totally imagine a Hybrid in depots like KB, JFK & Far Rockaway and LGA sounding like this eventually

And for those who dont know, 9173 is back in Flatbush.

Well 9173 was spotted on the Bx8 today so I guess not.

Look at where those 57xx D60HF's began their lifespan at. If you don't want to guess, I'll tell you. MJQ had first dibs on the 57xx Artics. As MJQ began to get in the later numbers, they sent one to KB and son and so forth till MJQ received 5769.

KB's D60HF's look really bad. I rode on one on the (2) shuttle, that bus rode like garbage. If Kingsbridge were to change their ways, then their fleet would be in far better shape. All the abuse the 1993 Orion's have been given, I don't think those buses can last for two more years. Don't get me started on Gun Hill. Until they were given the 57xx D60HF's, thier maintenence was horrible. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

MJQ had 5722-5769 to start. Most of the 5686-5721 batch has been in the Bronx since Day One (although not all at the same garage).

Are you sure that 5731 can do 60? Most of the artics are governed to 40 with only a few exceptions (unless you are indicating that 5731 is a training bus); 5253 can go to about 50.

The O5's are done and KB's riders are suffering
Those 6XXX Orion Vs at KB are not those still have some life in them.

KB does NOT have horrible maintenance issues..
I agree!!!

Preach the truth! Lol. Hopefully 4092+ do end up over there soon because Hot weather+ all those O5's= massive breakdowns. KB is the only depot whose fleet perpetually gets older. At this point im thinking someone @ DOB either has a vendetta against the depot or is waiting for a 400 to spontaneously combust before they acknowledge that the fleet age @ KB is high

You must have never heard of a little depot in brooklyn known as Ulmer park. They haven't gotten any new local buses since 1996!!! Not to mention the fact that they don't have ANY of those newer MCIs with the Orange signs (Every depot running express routes has some Orange sign MCIs except for UP). While KB got new artics as recently as 2004 so if anything DOB has a vendetta aganist UP.

Look at the 52xx that FLA sent to MJQ. Those RTS buses needed some major work including replacing the suspension and fixing up the seats.
You should seen them when they was at ENY. Old worn out carpet seating, horrble ride Quality, chipping paint on the bumpers etc. Flatbush fix them up somewhat though. But FLA are slacking on their RTS a bit since those white castle cheeseburger boxes came in.

The reason that KB's artics are starting to come apart is because KB got some 50 to 60 lemons all at once and spent so much time making them presentable that the artics suffered. Beides, I live up there and regularly ride the Bx1/2/9. Most of those artics are in pretty good shape. In any case, the growling noise on the D60HFs is not a bad sign, and the problems they have are relatively superficial.
I agree when I was busfanned the BX9 the bus was clean and had new carpet seating.

Archived