No Artics on the BX55 route

MTARegional Bus

MJQ had 5722-5769 to start. Most of the 5686-5721 batch has been in the Bronx since Day One (although not all at the same garage).

Are you sure that 5731 can do 60? Most of the artics are governed to 40 with only a few exceptions (unless you are indicating that 5731 is a training bus); 5253 can go to about 50.

5731 isn't a training bus, and it is completely ungoverned.. I stalk that bus haha just kidding.. The front sign is still dim for about a year more or less. 5251 was in service with a flat tire on the Bx39 and we got that from Kingsbridge. It came with that flat. 5307 might not be governed because I was on it doing 46MPH before a red light. 5758 goes somewhere over 40MPH because I was on it doing 43 and climbing before it had to stop.
Those 6XXX Orion Vs at KB are not those still have some life in them.

I agree!!!

You must have never heard of a little depot in brooklyn known as Ulmer park. They haven't gotten any new local buses since 1996!!! Not to mention the fact that they don't have ANY of those newer MCIs with the Orange signs (Every depot running express routes has some Orange sign MCIs except for UP). While KB got new artics as recently as 2004 so if anything DOB has a vendetta aganist UP.

You should seen them when they was at ENY. Old worn out carpet seating, horrble ride Quality, chipping paint on the bumpers etc. Flatbush fix them up somewhat though. But FLA are slacking on their RTS a bit since those white castle cheeseburger boxes came in.

I agree when I was busfanned the BX9 the bus was clean and had new carpet seating.

Wow you must've got that beginners luck because man listen the last Artic I got on the Bx9 (#5300) did about 4MPH up the hill somewhere near riverdale. 5706 did about 9MPH. I have to ride 2 of thier buses on a daily basis, usually get a bad bus too. Every depot got a good bunch and a bad bunch, some more than others, looks like you got lucky. There was some Artic I rode on the Bx41 that had the seats mostly black with the carpet worn off, I mean even worse than some Gun Hill Artics.

While I been going to work in the Bronx I been noticing some bus routes don't run Artics. Once I saw some Orion's run along the Bx1, Bx9 and the Bx19. But wondering why the M35 is running the Artics and some Bx1, Bx9 and Bx19 running Orion's?

Because some routes don't need cause of low ridership,the reason why the bx1 bx9 bx19 are running on orion's is because there in short on artics or artics are broke and put the orion's on the route or depot transfers.

Am surprised the M35 is running on artics since part of Randall island is all park land

Archived