Tales from the bus

CPBO

The Rikers Island bus is living up to be fun as I thought it would be.....first of all I am the 7:40 out of Queens Plaza and visiting hrs stop at 8:00 P.M. I am due into the Island at 8:04......which means no baby's momma's visiting their baby's farthers......but it just gets fun from the time I pull up at about 7:37 or so.....the first thing they say when they get on the bus....is this the last visiting bus??.....I was saying no....now I just shake my head no.....some will jump off and get a cab.....others will say....lets see.....7:40 comes and I pull out.....now they added a couple of stops on this route.....so when I get to 41st street and people get on a couple will say ....is this the last bus.....same head shake....and the people that just want an express bus to Broadway or 30th ave jump on.....as I close the door ...it starts.....come on Bus driver....drive faster!! don't stop at the next stop mr bus driver!!!....make that light!!!....U can drive faster then this....u just don't want us to make it!!now when someone rings the bell to get off.....they scream at em!! what the hell are you doing ringing the bell.....COME ON....mr you better not stop this bus....I gots to see my boo....usually they will open the back door and slam it close after the person gets off......now u and I know that the people waiting at the gate before I go over the bridge are saying to them selves.....where the hell is this bus...I got 5 min to get over this bridge.....damn MTA and the RI Bus.....now as I approach the stop with like 4 min till visiting hrs are over and it takes like 2 min to get over the bridge, the people are waiting in thier cars!!!...and will beep the horn for me to stop so they can get out of thier cars and ask me will we make it?? not!! not in the bus stop the kid will not stop.....but the people on the bus are yelling at this point.....Mr bus driver do not stop this bus...I came all the way from brooklyn....and I am not missing this visit!!.....as I come to a stop with like 2 min till they close...I don't think I seen rabbits run this fast......these people bolt of the bus.....ooo thank you mr bus driver.....one lady told me she was going to tongue me down next time she see's me.....this drama unfolds every Wed and Thur nights.....I got to tell you...I laugh out loud....and tell these people u are not the first with this and will not be the last.....so far I am 4 for 4 with making it......

I had a big fight on Thursday.....but I am 2 tired to tell the story.....will maybe type it later......

The Rikers Island bus is living up to be fun as I thought it would be.....first of all I am the 7:40 out of Queens Plaza and visiting hrs stop at 8:00 P.M. I am due into the Island at 8:04......which means no baby's momma's visiting their baby's farthers......but it just gets fun from the time I pull up at about 7:37 or so.....the first thing they say when they get on the bus....is this the last visiting bus??.....I was saying no....now I just shake my head no.....some will jump off and get a cab.....others will say....lets see.....7:40 comes and I pull out.....now they added a couple of stops on this route.....so when I get to 41st street and people get on a couple will say ....is this the last bus.....same head shake....and the people that just want an express bus to Broadway or 30th ave jump on.....as I close the door ...it starts.....come on Bus driver....drive faster!! don't stop at the next stop mr bus driver!!!....make that light!!!....U can drive faster then this....u just don't want us to make it!!now when someone rings the bell to get off.....they scream at em!! what the hell are you doing ringing the bell.....COME ON....mr you better not stop this bus....I gots to see my boo....usually they will open the back door and slam it close after the person gets off......now u and I know that the people waiting at the gate before I go over the bridge are saying to them selves.....where the hell is this bus...I got 5 min to get over this bridge.....damn MTA and the RI Bus.....now as I approach the stop with like 4 min till visiting hrs are over and it takes like 2 min to get over the bridge, the people are waiting in thier cars!!!...and will beep the horn for me to stop so they can get out of thier cars and ask me will we make it?? not!! not in the bus stop the kid will not stop.....but the people on the bus are yelling at this point.....Mr bus driver do not stop this bus...I came all the way from brooklyn....and I am not missing this visit!!.....as I come to a stop with like 2 min till they close...I don't think I seen rabbits run this fast......these people bolt of the bus.....ooo thank you mr bus driver.....one lady told me she was going to tongue me down next time she see's me.....this drama unfolds every Wed and Thur nights.....I got to tell you...I laugh out loud....and tell these people u are not the first with this and will not be the last.....so far I am 4 for 4 with making it......

I had a big fight on Thursday.....but I am 2 tired to tell the story.....will maybe type it later......

ah bus driver seems to be such a great job, doesn't it ?

I wouldn't have said that out loud but that's what runs in my mind all the time, I hate slow drivers I always get off and wait for the next one. I even recognize most slow drivers in the Bronx. Argh make me sick!!!!!!!!!

"I gots to see my boo."

That sums it all up. But if you really love your "boo" you should probably leave your house/work earlier.

I tend to meet up with my boo 1-2 hours earlier than I have to and wait for her, just to make sure I'm on time, though friends tend to keep me from seeing her on time.. Damn them lol..

I don't understand why people in this city annoy the bus drivers. The ones that upset me the most is when they ask "Does this bus go to ____" repeatedly and the person themself don't even know the location and expect the driver to know, and get angry when the driver doesn't know what that person is talking about.

ah bus driver seems to be such a great job, doesn't it ?

It is. I miss it at times.....:cry::cry::cry:........

I wouldn't have said that out loud but that's what runs in my mind all the time, I hate slow drivers I always get off and wait for the next one. I even recognize most slow drivers in the Bronx. Argh make me sick!!!!!!!!!

Schedule is the schedule. Safety first, Service second, Schedule...throw out the window........The three S's.........

"I gots to see my boo."

That sums it all up. But if you really love your "boo" you should probably leave your house/work earlier.

They couldn't a late Jerry springer, or Maury was on. Let me stop. The ones who really love(d) me called me boo, or boo-boo........

one lady told me she was going to tongue me down next time she see's me.....

Was she hideous, or remotely unsightly? If not, next time you see her, tell her do not break her promise. If she does, you will make them all pay, by being late for the next two weeks.......

Nothing like the RI bus......you guys should bus fan it one day for like 3hrs on visiting days.....Wed thru Sat.....get a real feel for it. Nothing like the smell of a crapy diaper laying in the back of the bus on a 90 degree day....and if you pissed that person off they will throw it at you.....I know a guy just a couple of months ago....he was telling the lady that the fare is 2 dollars....she goes and sits down....about 10 minutes later he heard....pop on the fare box....he says he was like wtf is that....he looks down and besides him....crappy diaper....:mad:

Nothing like the RI bus......you guys should bus fan it one day for like 3hrs on visiting days.....Wed thru Sat.....get a real feel for it. Nothing like the smell of a crapy diaper laying in the back of the bus on a 90 degree day....and if you pissed that person off they will throw it at you.....I know a guy just a couple of months ago....he was telling the lady that the fare is 2 dollars....she goes and sits down....about 10 minutes later he heard....pop on the fare box....he says he was like wtf is that....he looks down and besides him....crappy diaper....:mad:

Only if by law, he could beat it out of her.........

nice story cpbo had a good laugh. i will post some of my own very soon as well. by the way cpbo have you heard anything about the q100 going to lga?

apparently mta wants to transfer the q39 from lga depot to fresh pond depot & in return the q100 goes from cp to lga depot. mta likes to keep bus routes close to the depots, the swaps make sense but then to have like 300-350 b/o from each depot go through line training is crazy. lol.

nice story cpbo had a good laugh. i will post some of my own very soon as well. by the way cpbo have you heard anything about the q100 going to lga?

apparently mta wants to transfer the q39 from lga depot to fresh pond depot & in return the q100 goes from cp to lga depot. mta likes to keep bus routes close to the depots, the swaps make sense but then to have like 300-350 b/o from each depot go through line training is crazy. lol.

Is that how many b/o's there are in each of those 2 depots? I figure the manhattan depots have the highest headcount.

Just think how easy you have it working Rikers now. When I started you would have Fishbowls with no A/C and no power steering. As if all that wasn't enough we had to go to 59th st and use Steinway St both ways. While I have sympathy for some of the crap you have to put up with,making the visit is not your responsibility,so don't break your back making it because that just makes it harder when you don't make it. Remember once you get a rep for making it the late comers will always expect it.

Just think how easy you have it working Rikers now. When I started you would have Fishbowls with no A/C and no power steering. As if all that wasn't enough we had to go to 59th st and use Steinway St both ways. While I have sympathy for some of the crap you have to put up with,making the visit is not your responsibility,so don't break your back making it because that just makes it harder when you don't make it. Remember once you get a rep for making it the late comers will always expect it.

Hey J boy what is up?? have not seen you in awhile!! How easy I have it working RI.....mmmm ok ....... Thursday night was leave crappy diapers on the bus night....had like 3 of them....and I by no means try to make it....I just drive and usually get on the Island about 7:58-59....so far I guess they let them in....cause I have not heard any complaints........the added stops are just killing that line....new pick I will be on to something else....talk to ya J boy.

Archived