More Brighton Line Rehabilitation?

UlmerPark B6

My street, Avenue J, has one lane closed now, just like in Avenue U, and constructions signs has been posted all along the street, so this might be a long-term project.

004-22.jpg

See the construction thing in the back, there's also a blue, tiny bulldozer, the one at Avenue U, but don't think you can see it in the pic, sorry for the quality.

55 is the maximum operating speed, isn't it?

Yeah, but Ulmer told me he saw an R160 hit 56 one time between Kings Hwy and Sheepshead Bay. I doubt he was lying. And thats with distance lost because of the track switch. I can imagine R160's hitting in the low 60's between Kingshighway and newkirk. Hopefully one day the Brighton Express will have R160's running full time.

Yeah, but Ulmer told me he saw an R160 hit 56 one time between Kings Hwy and Sheepshead Bay. I doubt he was lying. And thats with distance lost because of the track switch. I can imagine R160's hitting in the low 60's between Kingshighway and newkirk. Hopefully one day the Brighton Express will have R160's running full time.

Yeah, certain trains can exceed 55. But I'm not sure if the max speed for one particular stretch of track would be increased to say 60.

Archived