Queens Blvd Weekend Local Service: Horrid.

Tbirdbassist

Before the 2001 63rd Stret Service Changes went into effect, the (F) used to make local stops along Queens Boulevard during late nights. The (E) assumes that role today because its the shorter line.

Yeah, I remembered that on the maps, and also:

For a time, before the connector opened, the F ran to 21st Street only. The G was extended all the way to 179th Street. I believe it was late nights.

So today I was meeting someone at 67th Ave. I took an E from Jam-Ctr to 71st-Cont. An R had just pulled in and was waiting.

I get off the E and onto the R. The R sat a good 10 minutes before it left. 3 more express trains passed before it left.

I got off and waited for my friend at 67th. While I was upstairs I heard one express pass by and then when I met her we went down and waited on the benches. Where FOUR more express trains passed us until finally another R came.

So whats the deal? 5 expresses to every one local?

I know the F's go to Euclid and the E's go to 2nd Ave... but christ. Good thing the R moves fast and the station dwell time is something like 15 seconds.

IF your timings are correct the only logical explanation would be a train with it's brakes in emergency (BIE) between 71/CTL and ROOS. and no announcements made by the dedicated announcers... OR a stalled train therein for whatever reason (sick passenger, signal problems, etc.).

Archived