Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Dave160

R160 R and V Train Announcements

Yep the (MTA) put R160's on the R and V trains. And I got announcements for them. The R160 V was from Friday and the R160 R was from Saturday. Sound quality isnt the best though.... but its something.

I didn't get a chance to get a pic since I had no camera that day so I just had to you random pictures I had taken.

Edited by Dave160

nice job lol

Thanks

Nice catch!

Thanks

Nice, it would be better with a real vid of course!

I know but I didnt really have a camera that day ;)

Nice recordings and catch. And sweet, Queens Blvd./Jamaica Yard is getting the R-160's on every line!

Thanks. Yea it does seem that Jamaica yard is getting all the new 160's.

honestly i think the (G) does not deserve R160's,or at least until the R40 fully gets replaced by R46's

nice catch!!!,it seems awsome to now that there now on service on the (R) and (V) line. more railfanning this friday.

honestly i think the (G) does not deserve R160's,or at least until the R40 fully gets replaced by R46's

nice catch!!!,it seems awsome to now that there now on service on the (R) and (V) line. more railfanning this friday.

The G is said to be transferred to CIY later this year.

Nice video R160 Maniac. Isn't the (V) supposed to have the same announcements as the (F)?

Only From 47-50 Rockefeller Center to 2 Ave in Manhattan and Roosevelt Ave, 71/Continental on the Queens Corridor.

I hope the (G) lione gets them soon for atleast weekend OPTO serivce. I would be great working with them next pick.

After the G is moved to CI and the N, Q are completely R160 with the W eliminated, the G should be getting the 200 R68As.

Only From 47-50 Rockefeller Center to 2 Ave in Manhattan and Roosevelt Ave, 71/Continental on the Queens Corridor.

Actually, announcements would be the same from 42nd Street to Broadway Lafayette.

The (4)(5)(6) all have the same announcements.

It would be nice if all the Queens Boulevard lines used R160s, including the (G).

No they don't, they run on different routes.

Everybody keeps saying this, and I don't know if it has been officially planned from inside sources (I haven't heard that), but as a long OPTO line (unlike the shuttles), it shoudl have the 160's, with the autmoatic announcements, more comfortable cab arrangement (including where the door controls are located, the controller, the seat, etc), and an enabler system designed for OPTO (it disables itself when zoned from the T/O position, so you don't have to use it).

The 68's should stay on the (:D(D)(Q) where they are. The (G) could use 160's whether it is transferred to CI or stays at Jamaica.

If anything, the (G) would be running 160's. The 68/A's aren't well suited for OPTO. Also, I would like to know your sources regarding the (G)'s move to CIY.

As for those announcements R160 Maniac, I'm not convinced. I am very familiar with audio editing programs.

Not only that, if a R or a V train ran R160s IN ACTUAL SERVICE, we would see a flood of photos everywhere. As of today, the 30th of April, I have yet to see a single photo of the R running R160s in service.

For the R160 V train, its possible, not sure, that it was a c/r who could've messed up the rollsign. Its happened. I also found R160 V pics, but it turned out this also was the fault of the c/r. It was most likey a R160 F signed as a V by mistake, and I was fooled.

Found these (not mine): downsized0419090324.jpg

picture0002r.jpg

As for the (R), i saw what I saw. Never asked anyone to believe me.