Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
trainspot12

Orion 5.501 at MTA Bus

Even though it's late to do this, I guess I'll start up a thread discussing the NYCT Orion V moves from NYCT to MTA Bus.

1993 BIA Orion 5.501

Far Rockaway: 104 (Just transferred last night)

JFK: 106-110, 112-119, 121-123, 125, 138-139, 144, 154, 158-160

College Point: 103, 197, 304

1995-1996 Orion 5.501

JFK: 405, 410

1999 Orion 5.501

College Point: 6010-6011, 6020-6021, 6066

Add 406-407 to JFK. 114 & 125 are at ECS. I have not seen or heard about 197 being at CP...IN SERVICE. 103 and 304...yes.

wait 114 and 125 are OOS at ECH or the are new transfers?

I miss my 100s out of Yukon. I remember riding them alot on the X15 from Richmondtown to the Rector St (then) (N)(R) station on Church St. I should ride them again, when I get back up.:tup:

Well maybe is still New York City Bus labeling and Gun Hill Depot stickers because it was just a recent transfer.

Not an excuse; at College Point, the O5s transferred were not only re-lettered to MTA Bus, but had their front numbers moved down to JUST ABOVE the headlights, off the stripe. They came in with NYC Bus lettering and then went into service within a day or two with MTA Bus lettering and MTA Bus-style numbering.

Case in point: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/aemoreira81/MTA/Regional%20Bus/6020-W.jpg and compare to http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/aemoreira81/MTA/Regional%20Bus/6020-D.jpg

Edited by aemoreira81

LGA does the same thing. When ever a new arrival comes in to LGA, they have LGA stickers waiting for the New arrival. The NYCT part is gone and MTA Bus labels are installed with in seconds!!!!

Guest Charles

I recently rode 116 on the Q60; the Orion 5.501s seem to be holding up well. How long can they go?

And btw, are there any Orions at (MTA) bus that still have coach seating?

I recently rode 116 on the Q60; the Orion 5.501s seem to be holding up well. How long can they go?

And btw, are there any Orions at (MTA) bus that still have coach seating?

All units at MTA Bus are reseated.