Question: MTA Rules of Conduct

mark1447

Ive been wondering, does the (MTA) NYCT Rules of Conduct also applies for the (MTA)s subdivisions: MNRR, LIRR, Long Island Bus(LIB), (MTA) Bus Company, Bridges and Tunnels(B&T)... Seeing that on the Rules of Conduct it says its for NYCT/MaBSTOA.

Rules governing the conduct and safety of the public in the use of the facilities of the New York City Transit Authority and Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority(MaBSTOA)

Seeing that lots of people take shots with cams of other divisions of the (MTA) but some workers of the non MaBSTOA/NYCT may claim that those rules does not apply to them. So Does it?

Edit: I do see rules on LIRR, but not much on taking pics:

http://www.mta.info/lirr/pubs/Rules/Rules.htm

There is a memo circulating that states photos are OK on LIRR and MNRR. Here is the PDF.

Not for nothing, as long as you don't act like a perp you shouldn't have a problem. I hung out at Forest Hills for almost 2 hours during rush hour with my RPG of a camera and besides a few people thoughtfully getting out of my way, I don't think anyone really noticed/minded me.

Rules for NYCT are different than for LIRR and MNR. All three are MTA technically but in reality they are three seperate entities. They are run completely seperate which leads to alot of waste because they could combine alot functions like human resources, labor relations, marketing, ect...

Archived