R142 7 Train... Kinda

Dave160

IF the currentn fleet of R62A doing it good job running on the (7)

line. what is the point odering R188.

they could wait another 20 years (1984 - 2020) when R52A

get retired out of service. (1) , (3) , (7) will get new cars

CBTC, some thing that was meant for the (7)(L),but i really dont think CBTC wasnt meant for those lines.

IF the currentn fleet of R62A doing it good job running on the (7)

line. what is the point odering R188.

they could wait another 20 years (1984 - 2020) when R52A

get retired out of service. (1) , (3) , (7) will get new cars

They want the (7) to be CBTCed, that's the whole point. And heck knows when those guys will retire.

GUYS. I hate when people say the R188 is to retire the R62/A's, because it is simply not true. The most of the "R188" cars are actually CBTC-converted R142A's from the (6). If the R188 actually happenes, the (6) and (7) switch fleet. The (7)'s R62A's go to the (6), and the (6)'s R142A's go to the (7).

GUYS. I hate when people say the R188 is to retire the R62/A's, because it is simply not true. The most of the "R188" cars are actually CBTC-converted R142A's from the (6). If the R188 actually happenes, the (6) and (7) switch fleet. The (7)'s R62A's go to the (6), and the (6)'s R142A's go to the (7).

You've nailed it man. Thank you, they are not retiring anything. They are just MODIFIED cars that are meant for CBTC. They will only displace the R62As to another line. That's it. Nothing's getting reefed.

i thought the R142A was already made with CBTC,and it said 23 new subway cars for the IRT,(R188). why does the MTA need to modify the R142A if it already has CBTC

The R142A doesn't have CTBC. Ask the T/O's, they'll confirm that. And 23 new cars will not retire anything.

(7) LINE IS NOT PREPARED NEW SUBWAY CARS YET . I MEAN THEY ARE NOT

PREPARED TO GET r188 YET.

THEY MIGHT HAVE TOOL EQUIPENT OR NOT. BUT THEY ARE NOT PREPARED TO GET NEW SUBWAY CARS YET.

You don't what they are prepared for and do not use CAPS.....did you read that rule on here!

Archived