ENY Bus(4949) in Howard Beach, Queens

Noflexdont

Anyone have a clue of why a ENY bus was in Howard Beach. There were 3 people on the bus that looked like B/O in training eating there lunch. Bus was parked at the SE corner of 157th Ave and Crossbay Blvd @ 12:15ish today. Can anyone confirm this or if this bus has a dolly brake setup for training.

random009-1.jpgrandom010.jpg

I was there today around 11:30am. I went to the Petco,I did see buses but they all had customers on board. I also saw a lot of goomba's walking around. You should have knocked on the door of the bus and asked them "Are you going to finish that?"lol..what were they eating? I did see a pretzel vendor on the corner of Cross Bay Blvd/157th ave.

Somebody did mention on another post that there are 2 classes of B/O's going on now(108 people in total). Me thinks it is for MTA Bus.

was it a ENY bus there or a Far Rockaway or the old green bus line depot bus you seen there?

Good question Flex. I saw an MCI bus parked alongside Cross Bay Blvd with the Far Rockaway depot logo facing southbound,other buses that I saw were Q 41's,53's,didn't pay attention to the logo on the side. So do you think they were doing line training perhaps?

Yes,the streets are nice and wide over there. But they also have to train on the highways right? Would be a good idea to ask any mta dispatcher that is standing outside looking bored. They would know what is going on.

Shore Parkway is only about 1000 feet away; it probably came off the highway from Starrett City (which is a frequent place for training).

Shore Parkway is only about 1000 feet away; it probably came off the highway from Starrett City (which is a frequent place for training).

That explains the location given over my scanner radio that I heard a couple of weeks ago,Shore Pkwy/4th ave in Bay Ridge. The trainer said over the radio that they were going for lunch. I didn't know that Shore Pkwy runs into Queens,I thought it was only in Brooklyn.

Just read on another thread,that the bus you saw on Cross Bay Blvd/157th ave is in training for the JFK Depot,there is also another class going on for Spring Creek depot wherever that is.

That's in Brooklyn, not far from the Main Postal Facility (B13/14/15/20).

Archived