Service Disruption on the Lex

engineerboy6561

I got caught in that. Waited at Nevins Street for about 10 minutes before a Manhattan-bound 4 train came. The train went BIE just south of City Hall due to some mechanical difficulties (anyone know anything about this?) for about 20 minutes. Train went OS at Brooklyn Bridge, and I caught an uptown 6. Just south of Bleecker, we hit signal problems and the train ran no faster than 10 mph to Union Square where I got off.

All in all, it took over 60 minutes to get from Nevins to Union Square.

I still love NYCTA. :tup:

Due to a police investigation at the Crown Heights-Utica Ave Station

There is no (3) train service in both directions from the New Lots Avenue Station to the 42nd Street-Times Square Station.

Selective Utica Avenue-bound (4) trains are terminating at the Bowling Green Station or the Atlantic Avenue Station.

As an alternative, shuttle bus service is being provided from the Franklin Avenue Station to the New Lots Avenue Station making nearby station stops.

( Taking straight from the (MTA) website )

Due to a police investigation at the Crown Heights-Utica Ave Station

There is no (3) train service in both directions from the New Lots Avenue Station to the 42nd Street-Times Square Station.

Selective Utica Avenue-bound (4) trains are terminating at the Bowling Green Station or the Atlantic Avenue Station.

As an alternative, shuttle bus service is being provided from the Franklin Avenue Station to the New Lots Avenue Station making nearby station stops.

( Taking straight from the (MTA) website )

Oh damn, I wonder what happened.

My train ride was ridiculously slow today. I got so fed up, instead of taking it to 14th or Fulton, I got off at Grand Central and took the 7 to the F.

The annoucments at Nevins Street Said:

No (3) running, the (2)(4)(5) are running to Flatbush Avenue. Change for the B45 i think at Franklin for Utica. Or take it to the B15 for New Lots. There was loads of hold ups downtown, I guess its due to the volume of trains on the Nostrands Line.. They should of ended all (5) to Bowling Green instead of sending to Flatbush.. I also think that the (3)s are running only from 148th to 42nd street. Saw that last few heading to manhattan. As of right now the G/O goes on

@~engineerboy6561 Dont say theres a shooting on the lex line. Do you know if there is one? You dont know if someone got slammed into a train god forbid or something else. So lets not make up stuff unless there is facts. Also its the Eastern Pkwy line thats the prob, not the lex/7th line.. Just saying. back to topic

Oh damn, I wonder what happened.

My train ride was ridiculously slow today. I got so fed up, instead of taking it to 14th or Fulton, I got off at Grand Central and took the 7 to the F.

According to police, officers approached a suspect in the Utica Avenue subway station for unknown reasons. The suspect then stabbed the officer in the shoulder with a screwdriver, police said. That is when shots were fired and the suspect was hit in the leg. The officer and the suspect were transported to Kings County Hospital. There is no immediate word on their conditions.

( Taking from 7online.com as of 1914 hrs )

According to police, officers approached a suspect in the Utica Avenue subway station for unknown reasons. The suspect then stabbed the officer in the shoulder with a screwdriver, police said. That is when shots were fired and the suspect was hit in the leg. The officer and the suspect were transported to Kings County Hospital. There is no immediate word on their conditions.

( Taking from 7online.com as of 1914 hrs )

What the heck?

Well, what was this person suspected of doing anyway?

This is unbelievable, the (3)(4) Crown Heights Station is really hit with violence these days. This is probably the third time I've ever heard a shooting going on in that station in less than two years. That station needs some serious security improvements. :mad:

This is unbelievable, the (3)(4) Crown Heights Station is really hit with violence these days. This is probably the third time I've ever heard a shooting going on in that station in less than two years. That station needs some serious security improvements. :mad:

An emotionally disturbed man asked an undercover officer for a cigarette. When the cop told him "no" the person stabbed the officer with a screwdriver. The cop and his partner then got into a scuffle with the man and shots were fired. The suspect was hit in the side and a bystander was shot in the foot. At first s/b (3) and (4) service was told to bypass Utica Ave and n/b service was told to do the same. Eventually all north and southbound service was suspended between Franklin Ave and Utica and New Lots. All (2), (3), (4), and (5) service was sent to Flatbush-Brooklyn College for a while as power was removed from the s/b tracks at Utica and the NYPD investigation took place. As a result s/b trains backed up and were being turned back north at Atlantic Ave, Bowling Green, Chambers St and Times Square. To compound the problem a n/b (4) had signal problems at Brooklyn Bridge and n/b (6) trains had a signal problem south of 14th St-Union Square at the same time. All in all a very eventful day for my riders , fellow employees, and myself. As for the title of this thread it should read "Service Disruption", not G.O.

An emotionally disturbed man asked an undercover officer for a cigarette. When the cop told him "no" the person stabbed the officer with a screwdriver. The cop and his partner then got into a scuffle with the man and shots were fired. The suspect was hit in the side and a bystander was shot in the foot. At first s/b (3) and (4) service was told to bypass Utica Ave and n/b service was told to do the same. Eventually all north and southbound service was suspended between Franklin Ave and Utica and New Lots. All (2), (3), (4), and (5) service was sent to Flatbush-Brooklyn College for a while as power was removed from the s/b tracks at Utica and the NYPD investigation took place. As a result s/b trains backed up and were being turned back north at Atlantic Ave, Bowling Green, Chambers St and Times Square. To compound the problem a n/b (4) had signal problems at Brooklyn Bridge and n/b (6) trains had a signal problem south of 14th St-Union Square at the same time. All in all a very eventful day for my riders , fellow employees, and myself. As for the title of this thread it should read "Service Disruption", not G.O.

Sorry if my question is confusing but..

Seeing that there was no (3)s to new lots,and couldnt get to Livonia(Except some), did all the (3) that were heading toward new lots/livona were turn to stay in service or some stored at 148th?

Sorry if my question is confusing but..

Seeing that there was no (3)s to new lots,and couldnt get to Livonia(Except some), did all the (3) that were heading toward new lots/livona were turn to stay in service or some stored at 148th?

AFAIK the (3) trains that couldn't make it to New Lots were turned back north in Manhattan and sent back to 148th St in service. One (3) train was definately sent to 241St-WPR on the (2) line for service because I saw it heading southbound at East 180th St running light (not in service) back to Lenox Yard. I can only surmise that some (3) trains never left Lenox Yard for s/b service because they weren't needed due to the congestion in Brooklyn and lower Manhattan. Those already stuck in Brooklyn went to Flatbush Ave and went back to Lenox in service.

(A), heres the problem:

@Trainmaster5 - Thanks for explaining. Any chance some (3) had layed up on the IRT Broadway M track at 103?

The area's messed up IINM.

Archived