Dooomesday II Cuts: The end of all Overnight NYC subway service?

There is no reason for MTA to shut down any TRAIN or BUS line (for any period of time) Not just for people that hang out at those late hours. But there are people that are still working at that time. To do so would make MTA $$$ matters worse off then what they already are. It has been said so many times. This city runs on a 24 hour basses. It (NEVER SLEEPS) people are on the move 24/07 that is a fact.

Not only that. But take a good look around us. Look at all the new buildings that are being built. In Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx. & NJ. There are thousands of more people moving in to these areas. Can some one with a good eye for taking pics take some pics of these new buildings. I don't have one. So i can't do it.

With that being said the MONEY is sure to be there. Instead of thinking of how they can cut service. MTA needs to be using this time to think of what they can do to creat new bus routs to put more busses out there for them. Before all these people get here.

And just as well. they need to see how they can be a better support to B/O & T/O who really are the ones moving this city 24/07. Not by money alone. But by taking the pressure off their backs. So they can do their thing. making their jobs safer to do.

One of the ways this can be done is by making people who get hit by any bus when they disobey the law by crossing against the light. Make them responsible for their own actions. . 2 If they are not looking where they are going and walk out in front of or into a moving bus and gets hit. 3 Those who get hit by run in front of the bus to keep the bus from leaving & other such like thing. just like the trains. if some one jumps on the tracks to get something or to run to the other side. or what ever the reason. and they get hit by that train. They can not hold the T/O responsible for it because they had no business there. If the cops catch them on the tracks they will be hit with a big fine. And the same rule should apply for B/O when that happens . Making this known to the public will wake these people up from dreaming of how much money they can take MTA for. When they here that they could or will have to pay up. They will watch their step when crossing. That will save MTA countless millions of $$$ every year from such greedy people.

People should have respect for the road even if they are not driving. If the ones in office can't not see clearly through this matter. Then there is another way MTA can cut its losses. By giving them the X and put some B/O & T/O in that position who really knows what it is like being out there on those roads & tracks, Again MTA would save countless millions of $$$ each year.

And just a P.S Tip for MTA. Just like parents should not let their child orchildren play them against each other to get what they want...... Neither should MTA let it customers play them against their Workers,, Stuff. If they do that, they will build better public relations with their cutomers as to it's safety. & In turn they will add to the promotion for the public to up hold the law. In respecting the RED, YELLOW, & GREEN street lights. and all other such like warnings alike. Because it is the law.

Again there should never be any talk of an end to overnight TRAINS or BUSSES. To do so MTA will never live up to it's claim to be of good customer service.

NOT on the part of B/O's & T/O's.

MTA calls all workers alike (family). Family don't cut off family. They build them up (Feel Me) May they have a Lovelyday

Lovely welcome aboard. Intresting comments. By any chance Lovely are you a NYCTA Worker/Employee?

Not yet Hudson. But I would like to make this clear & fair to all. I don't think that only B/O & T/O are the only ones that get the job done. There are so many other hard workers such as. Track workers. Cleaning crew, Maintenance workers, Despatches. Technicians and so many others who jobs are just as important & valuable to MTA. let me give them their props to.

And I also included people who don't work for MTA at all but who spend their hard earned money everyday to use the system. For what ever the need maybe, for work or other wise. like me at this moment.

For the record My words are mainly to those who have the position to handle MTA affairs that effect everyone else on the job. And those who pay daily to use the system 24/07.

Like all of the above said workers. who ever has been found failing in getting the job done. Which inturn MTA would incurs damages. (financial loss as a result of an action) They would be stripped of anything that connects them with MTA. And dismissed. end employment of somebody because of unsatisfactory work. the same should apply to those who caused this $$$ problem.

In that case it is very clear that. YES!!! they do need to clean house. but it should only include (those who made the poor choices that lead to MTA financial problem).

For example any mishandling of a Train or Bus, Electrical equipment. etc.

would call for that persons job. No ones job in financial would be threaten would it. (Of course not). neither should any one elses job be on the line because of their action. let the pay lost be to them & them alone.

There are a lot of talented people who are already in the system. In all the different departments that was said above. if they pull few people from there. They would do better then a person who just knows money (go figure). and better then bring in someone from out side, WHY because they know the job and what it calls for to be productive. So as not to waste money on a guess.

That is just some reasons why (better) not (more) financial management is needed. This matter can be turned around for the better of MTA, (The hard workers )And those who pay daily to use the services. 24/07

In this way all could have a lovely day. :)

I'm never concerned enough to not take the subway alone at night. If i know i'm going to be doing that more than one line, i usually carry my buck knife on my belt. I do that randomly anyways from time to time depending on where in the city i'm going, or if i don't want to just leave it sit unused at home that day. It's useful in opening those impossible plastic bags some food comes in too. :)

- A

Ever wondered why the city is called "The City That Never Sleeps"?

That title will no longer describe NYC after Doomsdays, that's for sure. It'll probably go to another busy city, like maybe L.A. or something, I dunno.

I hear Paterson's got his plan ready and it just needs approval....honestly, I'm still doubting it can pass.

Trust me, the MTA is not closing the entire system during nights. Its Impossible. Anyway, its a cycle. When the government sees the system near collapse AGAIN for the 3rd Time, they will revamp it and flood it with money, AGAIN. Give it 1-3 Years.

I'm never concerned enough to not take the subway alone at night. If i know i'm going to be doing that more than one line, i usually carry my buck knife on my belt. I do that randomly anyways from time to time depending on where in the city i'm going, or if i don't want to just leave it sit unused at home that day. It's useful in opening those impossible plastic bags some food comes in too. :)

- A

geez....i just dont sit in the train lookin all vulnerable if im gonna be out that late. Anyway I seriously doubt the MTA would actually cut service off at night. That one right there just sounds like an empty threat to get Albany to step in. I know that was probably said before in here but that's just what I think. I will just wait and see what happens when said dates come rolling around and plan what to do then. This speculating would drive me insane...and I'm betting some of you guys are borderline going crazy thinking about this.

Trust me, the MTA is not closing the entire system during nights. Its Impossible. Anyway, its a cycle. When the government sees the system near collapse AGAIN for the 3rd Time, they will revamp it and flood it with money, AGAIN. Give it 1-3 Years.

Of course it's impossible. The subway is a part of New York. It's a landmark and if it breaks then what will New York City do? Remember the time of the strike? Did you see how many people walked to work? There were floods. The city needs the subways during the night and it will.

Hell put an extra surcharge on top of the current one for overnight cab rides equal to the base fare that goes dollar for dollar direct to the MTA. That way all the "princes and princesses of Manhattan" who refuse to take the subway home at night will be "paying the subway fare" anyway.

I see these people all the time. "let's go home" "i think the nearest subway stop is only a block away" "oh we're gonna take a cab, the subway takes too long!" (note: subway is faster since it won't get stuck in traffic with 1000 of these identical people) "yeah let's take a cab!" (and they all take a cab and drop 20 some odd bucks instead of 2...)

Make em pay to keep the trains running for the working man. Time to turn this upside down society back the way it ought to be and stop favoring the self-entitled

I really don't want to talk about the strike but when we did it the city labelled us as Thugs. Now that the MTA wants to do it themself stop service for a few hours the mayor got nothing to say. I find it interesting but really don't think the service will stop on the overnights. I do ride/Work in the Subways all hours of the night and day sometimes a 2AM on the (A) you think its AM Rush Hour.

Hell put an extra surcharge on top of the current one for overnight cab rides equal to the base fare that goes dollar for dollar direct to the MTA. That way all the "princes and princesses of Manhattan" who refuse to take the subway home at night will be "paying the subway fare" anyway.

I see these people all the time. "let's go home" "i think the nearest subway stop is only a block away" "oh we're gonna take a cab, the subway takes too long!" (note: subway is faster since it won't get stuck in traffic with 1000 of these identical people) "yeah let's take a cab!" (and they all take a cab and drop 20 some odd bucks instead of 2...)

Make em pay to keep the trains running for the working man. Time to turn this upside down society back the way it ought to be and stop favoring the self-entitled

:tup::tup::tup: Hell yeah! You hit it right on! I agree with you 100%. That plan is marvelous and it will work!

Archived