Delays on the NEC [WIL and PHL] April 29

Paul P

Nah, it was a keystone. Was only 5 cars long, no "northeast regional" food car. Behind me was the track info screen. This is track 3. Keystone listed on track 3. :tup:

- A

I talked to a friend at Amtrak, that Keystone had a bad cab car so they reversed the Engine to pull it. As for 9800 it appears when ever someone needs it, it can be chartered out for private use, it can be on any train. Keep your eyes peeled! It was just recently used by a few baseball teams for travel in the North East.

I talked to a friend at Amtrak, that Keystone had a bad cab car so they reversed the Engine to pull it. As for 9800 it appears when ever someone needs it, it can be chartered out for private use, it can be on any train. Keep your eyes peeled! It was just recently used by a few baseball teams for travel in the North East.

I know this is off topic, but how much would it cost to rent it out?

Haha, well...I'm sure if you called Amtrak customer services up they would gladly tell you. Thats all I know, I'm sure they charge based on how long and where to. Its a pretty neat car to see in person. The last time I got up close and personal with it was a year ago in Boston. It was tacked on the the Regional I was taking home and the people renting it out invited me in before we left, they were using it to get to DC.

Maybe we could take a trip from nyp to phl? :cool:

- A

Sure but I think this car does have a capacity limit! To bad they don't lease out Beech Grove to the best of my knowledge(I'm sure they would though for a price).

The problem was fixed days ago haha, are you talking about restoring Sunset service to Florida? Hahahahaha, Don't hold your breath! Thats been on temporary suspension since forever its now to the point where even the Amtrak website says the terminus in NO.

Archived