Another day of Freight Action in Central Jersey! With a very nice pair of diesels!

kaback9

Thank you!

A roster? Power changes in those yards pretty quickly. Only local yards seem to get a set roster for a long period of time. However many units in the NJ yards are ex Conrail as they have cab signals.

Ah, ok. I always see what seems like the same 3 or 4 locos sitting at the western end, all most always CSX but sometimes there's a NS, and once a blue CR.

I know some of them are older just by the layout of the air intake, intercooler, and radiator, but some of them are definitely the newer evo series.

- A

I believe the newer power is getting cab signals so that it may run in NJ with out any problems. There is no rule that say you have to have cab signals on their routes(that I'm aware of) but if the train is to operate over the NEC or any NJT lines it must be a cab signal equipped unit.

Those are terrific shots, kaback9. It's nice to see Conrail blue, as I never see that stuff up here in CT.

Thanks Fred! The blue is becoming harder to find but we have been lucky in that we have two of them working out of the yard.

nice photos i showed my son them he loves them he said great shots;):tup:

Thanks to you and your son! :)

Archived