Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
FlushingExpress

R46 #5558

Guest Charles

Blue seats are not that uncommon on R46s that have undergone SMS. You'll also find that they have "shinier" ends than other R46s.

Blue seats are not that uncommon on R46s that have undergone SMS. You'll also find that they have "shinier" ends than other R46s.

True, but not all SMS-ed cars received blue seats and black floors.

is that the only R46 that has the blue seats? i caught that on thursday. are there any others????

I remember that I caught 5562 with these features as well back on Christmas. It's on one of my videos, but I didn't record the number on the train.

True, but not all SMS-ed cars received blue seats and black floors.

It's only for the cars that need them.

Ya I will be seeing alot more R46's now that I went back to the (G) on the Weekends next pick. I already saw some R46's with black floors while work Station Switching at 168st over the last few weekends.

When the R44s get their mini SMS, many of them could really make use of some black floors and blue seats.

I really think the R44 needs new HVAC.

Even though most of the R44s are stored at Pitkin, they are still one of the worse treated cars in the system. It was the MTA's fault for giving some of them a GOH at Coney Island and to not replace their blues strips with stainless steel like that of the SIRT R44s and the R46s. Furthermore, St Louis Car Co should not be blamed b/c the R44s were ahead of their time (same goes with the R46s) and motormen weren't familiar with the then-new technology, which caused their "plagues." The R44s should definitely the same treatment as those bumpy R46s for they are just as good as the newer cars.

Even though most of the R44s are stored at Pitkin, they are still one of the worse treated cars in the system. It was the MTA's fault for giving some of them a GOH at Coney Island and to not replace their blues strips with stainless steel like that of the SIRT R44s and the R46s. Furthermore, St Louis Car Co should not be blamed b/c the R44s were ahead of their time (same goes with the R46s) and motormen weren't familiar with the then-new technology, which caused their "plagues." The R44s should definitely the same treatment as those bumpy R46s for they are just as good as the newer cars.

They did not replace the stripe with steel, rather they just simply removed it.