Question about the (N) on weekends

Luis1985

it would be good for the (N) to operate local between 57 St/7 Av, Manhattan and Canal St, Manhattan, via Manhattan Bridge, then local between DeKalb Av, Brooklyn and 59 St/4 Av, Brooklyn. let the (R) be the only train to operate via Lower Manhattan.

good or bad?

It makes no sense for the (N) to be local via 4th Avenue...its fine with being 4th Avenue Express weekend!

Now that the "bailout" seems to be inevitable, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. :P I think not. The (MTA) will still look to cut something on the services just as an excuse to save money and fill their pockets at the rider/employee expense. The (W) will stay :cool: but the (J)/(Z) skip stop will go. Bye bye (M) to Bay Pkwy, and shortline the (G) permanent to Crt Sq. Lwr Mnhtn stations on the (R) will be closed from 2300 -0500. The IRT can p/u the slack downtown. That's just for starters, I'm sure they have other ideas that will be implemented as time goes on. We're not out of the woods yet. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

(NJT) :nec: :septa:

Now that the "bailout" seems to be inevitable, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. :P I think not. The (MTA) will still look to cut something on the services just as an excuse to save money and fill their pockets at the rider/employee expense. The (W) will stay :cool: but the (J)/(Z) skip stop will go. Bye bye (M) to Bay Pkwy, and shortline the (G) permanent to Crt Sq. Lwr Mnhtn stations on the (R) will be closed from 2300 -0500. The IRT can p/u the slack downtown. That's just for starters, I'm sure they have other ideas that will be implemented as time goes on. We're not out of the woods yet. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

The G runs to Forest Hills, only on paper. Very few, if not none, ever make it to Forest Hills during the scheduled times.

The G runs to Forest Hills, only on paper. Very few, if not none, ever make it to Forest Hills during the scheduled times.

exactly. and if it goes, its like a (G)host that pops in the Queens Blvd Stations. the last time i took a (G) via Queens Blvd was in 2007 when i used to work in Long Island City.

Now that the "bailout" seems to be inevitable, we can all breathe a sigh of relief. ;) I think not. The (MTA) will still look to cut something on the services just as an excuse to save money and fill their pockets at the rider/employee expense. The (W) will stay :cool: but the (J)/(Z) skip stop will go. Bye bye (M) to Bay Pkwy, and shortline the (G) permanent to Crt Sq. Lwr Mnhtn stations on the (R) will be closed from 2300 -0500. The IRT can p/u the slack downtown. That's just for starters, I'm sure they have other ideas that will be implemented as time goes on. We're not out of the woods yet. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Sadly my friend i think that is a strong possiblity. The (W) will stay and so i believe the (M) Rush Hour extension to Bay Parkway. However the (G) ending permanent at Court Sq. and 'bye bye' to the (Z) would not shock me.

Archived