People who took the 8006 and BOSS exams

TrayNicole79

Hello everyone, new to the board as you can see.. I have been reading alot of the post VERY INFORMATIVE and alot of my question have been answered. I did take the 8006 exam last year for B/O and just recently recieved a letter for me to take the BOSS exam the end of this month. I was just curious to know if anyone who took the 8006 B/O exam took the Boss,drug,and med and are now in training. Im just curious to know how long the process will be for me. T.I.A

P.S. I am so excited..:P:tup:

I also took the 8006 exam last year and the BOSS exam 2 weeks ago.

I read in the paper that they are hiring 300 bus operators in June.

My main goal is to get the CDL permit.

Any suggestions?

Tony

hey guys just came off probation acually on the 25th, if u have any questions please feel free to ask me its all fresh in my mind...zerega is painful...but honestly if u have a good super...u can master the bussss...i cant and wont even begin to explain how i can literally whip a bus around a corner now, its almost second nature... btw i do know and talk to chris frusci..i am out of the caselton depot...

hey guys just came off probation acually on the 25th, if u have any questions please feel free to ask me its all fresh in my mind...zerega is painful...but honestly if u have a good super...u can master the bussss...i cant and wont even begin to explain how i can literally whip a bus around a corner now, its almost second nature... btw i do know and talk to chris frusci..i am out of the caselton depot...

O Cool :tup: Congrats. I'm so happy for you.

I have a lot of ?'s for you. LOL ;)

Please tell chris hello for us & tell him we miss him. B)

he realy has been a big help to most of us. :)

Zerega is painful? why was it? lots of paperwork? the simulator made you dizzy? the lack of good places to eat around there?..B)

How many days do you spend at Zerega? 1 or 2?...the days that you go driving with 3 other students on the bus,do you all meet at Zerega or at one of the depots?

Thanks MTA Hopeful08,believe me the questions will be coming your way,they will be coming.

Zerega is painful because its just Zerega. getting there, parking, the people the smell it all just sucks. you spend 2 days at zerega, then you are assigned a depot for your days 1-7 training. you will report at your assigned depot for the trainin at the time you are given. 6-2, 9-5, 10-6. (times). you will go to day 8 and 9 if you fail on your day 7. if you fail on day 9 your last chance is on day 10, where u almost have to be perfect because now you will have 2 super's with you. it all on an RTS, with a trolly brake. Try not to make him use it after at least day 2. Not to sound as a show off, i barely drove, he told me from day 2 i am ready, i gave all my time to the others who needed it. i just did the task for the day and sat back the rest of the day.. after your days 1-7 you will go back to zerega for videos etc, and also to wait for the others who went to days 8,9 and 10. your road test will soon after follow after all is completed, btw while you wait for others you will be able to go out with a bus for a little extra practice. get to zerega EARLY parking flies over there especially when school bus drivers are still working, after june you are fine. there is one place to eat which is EH, and expensive. oh yeah and a hot dog lol. MTA BUS and nYCTA supers will be supervising you. when you are assigned your room, you sit in seniority order if you are in the back day 1, you will move up a little cause of terminations, quiters and failures, so if you are in the back its a little harder to pick the depot you want.

super's to look out for.

supt BOSTON

supt berencolis

supt "C" forgot his name old italian guy.

supt gary renn is incredible

supt sorriano is good

supt giblin was excellent

thats who i can remember..

the simulator is optional, you can do it or not, lol just dont do it haha.i didnt... even though i could..

every day on days 1-7 is a task, you have to complete it, like right turns , hook turns, servicing bus stops, watching front door for the super's hand, your interlock in the back, parking, backing up, using your horn"like an animal" lol, pre trips, post trips,mirror set ups, scaning your mirrors every 3-5 seconds and i mean they want every 3-5 seconds, kneeling bus and keeling up the bus before doors open and after they are closed...etc

i was orignally going to pick in brooklyn but i literally changed my mind 10 min before the pick started, and it was the best decision of my life, i live 6 min from ulmer park and 11 min from gleason, staten island is its own world, we have no carry and more leaway..i pull into my depot 6-11 min hot often and i never had a problem..

i work mid days and early morning on my work run and already have seen wed thur and thur fri rdo's already... if they didnt have a hiring freeze after me literally i may have seen weekends late, in next yrs winter pick. i moved up 88 pegs in the system pick..

well thats all thats on my mind feel free to ask...

Zerega is painful because its just Zerega. getting there, parking, the people the smell it all just sucks. you spend 2 days at zerega, then you are assigned a depot for your days 1-7 training. you will report at your assigned depot for the trainin at the time you are given. 6-2, 9-5, 10-6. (times). you will go to day 8 and 9 if you fail on your day 7. if you fail on day 9 your last chance is on day 10, where u almost have to be perfect because now you will have 2 super's with you. it all on an RTS, with a trolly brake. Try not to make him use it after at least day 2. Not to sound as a show off, i barely drove, he told me from day 2 i am ready, i gave all my time to the others who needed it. i just did the task for the day and sat back the rest of the day.. after your days 1-7 you will go back to zerega for videos etc, and also to wait for the others who went to days 8,9 and 10. your road test will soon after follow after all is completed, btw while you wait for others you will be able to go out with a bus for a little extra practice. get to zerega EARLY parking flies over there especially when school bus drivers are still working, after june you are fine. there is one place to eat which is EH, and expensive. oh yeah and a hot dog lol. MTA BUS and nYCTA supers will be supervising you. when you are assigned your room, you sit in seniority order if you are in the back day 1, you will move up a little cause of terminations, quiters and failures, so if you are in the back its a little harder to pick the depot you want.

super's to look out for.

supt BOSTON

supt berencolis

supt "C" forgot his name old italian guy.

supt gary renn is incredible

supt sorriano is good

supt giblin was excellent

thats who i can remember..

the simulator is optional, you can do it or not, lol just dont do it haha.i didnt... even though i could..

every day on days 1-7 is a task, you have to complete it, like right turns , hook turns, servicing bus stops, watching front door for the super's hand, your interlock in the back, parking, backing up, using your horn"like an animal" lol, pre trips, post trips,mirror set ups, scaning your mirrors every 3-5 seconds and i mean they want every 3-5 seconds, kneeling bus and keeling up the bus before doors open and after they are closed...etc

i was orignally going to pick in brooklyn but i literally changed my mind 10 min before the pick started, and it was the best decision of my life, i live 6 min from ulmer park and 11 min from gleason, staten island is its own world, we have no carry and more leaway..i pull into my depot 6-11 min hot often and i never had a problem..

i work mid days and early morning on my work run and already have seen wed thur and thur fri rdo's already... if they didnt have a hiring freeze after me literally i may have seen weekends late, in next yrs winter pick. i moved up 88 pegs in the system pick..

well thats all thats on my mind feel free to ask...

Question,

How far back do they go for your driving history and hold it against you. Like if you had 4 points on your license 8 years ago will they still hire you.

Good stuff. You have a good memory regarding the names of the supervisors. I should write down the names of the supervisors that I hear on the scanner. Does the name Cooper ring a bell? He is the midnight superintendent out of Brooklyn.

cooper is one to look out for!!

Thanks guys, a lot of good reading and info! I have not driven any bus or truck since my cdl training so I have not picked up any bad habbits! My friend works out of east ny brooklyn depot for 19 years and also said that a lot of truck drivers fail because of bad habbits picked up. He said that they tell you that all of that truck and school bus driving, get out of your head now! I just hope that all the guys on here get hired and pass probation! We are the ones who are really serious about this! Ditja congrats! I didn't know that you started working! All of you BO's and TO's thanx and keep us informed! Oh yeah, Chris you da man!

Question,

How far back do they go for your driving history and hold it against you. Like if you had 4 points on your license 8 years ago will they still hire you.

last 3 years. for the 19a, you just need to fill out every ticket for last 10 yrs. it won't against you, but you have to list all of them. i have a speeding ticket, disobey traffic sign older than 3 years. no problem. they even wanted me to write down the 'tinted' windows ticket i got...

on the other thread, they are saying not to write down the seat belt ticket olegska got. but if he doesn't, it can be a conflict for MTA's form & 19a.

Thanks guys, a lot of good reading and info! I have not driven any bus or truck since my cdl training so I have not picked up any bad habbits! My friend works out of east ny brooklyn depot for 19 years and also said that a lot of truck drivers fail because of bad habbits picked up. He said that they tell you that all of that truck and school bus driving, get out of your head now! I just hope that all the guys on here get hired and pass probation! We are the ones who are really serious about this! Ditja congrats! I didn't know that you started working! All of you BO's and TO's thanx and keep us informed! Oh yeah, Chris you da man!

u didn't know i started working? i even passed my pobation :)

dunno about the bad habits, it's more like the pressure itself. very intense training IMO. we got overwhelm for sure. really think it's like FOX's TV show 'Hell's kitchen', if you haven't watch it, go to fox.com and watch. veteran cook can't even cook under pressure

MTA Hopeful08: paying $10 toll + gas is like $120 off every pay check. do you really think worth it? i rather use that money to buy myself a nice lunch every work day :) congrat to you off probation!!! how was your probie rides? how many you got?

"I just hope that all the guys on here get hired and pass probation! We are the ones who are really serious about this!"

You are 100% correct on that one!:tup:...All of you lurkers on the B/O lists who don't register or post on here,give advice,answer questions,karma will get you. :cry:

In all due repect Jamar,DOB2RTO was the first B/O on here,so he is da bigger man! lol...then comes Chris. Chris is on track to be superintendent by the age of 35..:)...He will have more seniority by the time the next dispatchers exam comes along. Not sure how the promotional levels work from dispatchers on up.

"I just hope that all the guys on here get hired and pass probation! We are the ones who are really serious about this!"

You are 100% correct on that one!:tup:...All of you lurkers on the B/O lists who don't register or post on here,give advice,answer questions,karma will get you. :cry:

In all due repect Jamar,DOB2RTO was the first B/O on here,so he is da bigger man! lol...then comes Chris. Chris is on track to be superintendent by the age of 35..:)...He will have more seniority by the time the next dispatchers exam comes along. Not sure how the promotional levels work from dispatchers on up.

i am actually only 22 yrs old im going all the way to, SLD, and super, even though super isnt worth it.

MTA Hopeful08: paying $10 toll + gas is like $120 off every pay check. do you really think worth it? i rather use that money to buy myself a nice lunch every work day :) congrat to you off probation!!! how was your probie rides? how many you got?

I'd pay 15$, even 20$, drive the S57 or do our express work like the X11, then go drive the B46 after it and tell me what you think you would rather do, and me and the rest of my class only had 1 ride, thats it. country club , indeed.

I'd pay 15$, even 20$, drive the S57 or do our express work like the X11, then go drive the B46 after it and tell me what you think you would rather do, and me and the rest of my class only had 1 ride, thats it. country club , indeed.

good for you man. i love the express also, when i was in ulmer park. the weekend express run was da sheet. 2 round trips and that's it for the day. probably no more than 20 peoples to pick up the whole day.

we all got min 2 rides. SI sure is something else :)

Archived