Breaking News Bailout deal reached to save MTA doomesday cuts for 2009

My problem with the way (MTA) is organized, is that yes it answers to no one, plus i think the railroads would be better served under railroad specific agencies. I think LIB and LIRR should be run by a council appointed by kings, queens, manhattan, nassau and suffolk counties. Long Island Transport. Answerable to NYDOT

MNRR could be handled by the same kinda deal with new york, bronx, westchest etc counties having a say, answerable to NYDOT and CONNDOT.

The city bus and subway should be organized under NYCDOT (NYCT). They seem to be able to run things properly. They could also answer jointly to NYCDOT and NYDOT to ensure funding.

SIR should be run by people appointed in manhattan and richmond counties, answerable to NYDOT.

All other (MTA) stuff could be turned over to private companies with federal state and city funding.

I know not everyone agrees with these ideas, but as (MTA) has become "too big to fail" perhaps it is time to revisit how the metro region moves people & who & what it should be answerable to and funded by.

- A

Breaking News. The MTA this morning approves the bailout from Albany and thus almost all of the subway/bus cuts in NYC spared.

However a few subway station agents,maintence and cleaning staff will be cut. Along with office staff at both Madison Ave and Broadway through retirement and buyouts.

The NYC subway/bus basic fare will now go to $2.25 ALONG WITH METROCARD PASSES effective Sunday June 28, 2009.

TBTA/MTA BRIDGES will raise in early July.(date to be soon announced)

Archived