Railfan Trip 06/26/09

Henry won't be posting here anytime soon. He's taking a break from the forums and he might possibly be done with NYCTF...I talked with him thought and he wanted to cancel. That's why I said on the thread we were planning on canceling it. I'm busy on Thursday anyway.

i got a better idea...instead of everybody waiting for him to confirm hows about everybody who wanted to do the trip show up and someone else take leadership of the trip agenda. Not that hard to do.

Now that's what I call a plan!

Maybe he's studying for the Regents exams or SAT

He's done with both IINM

i got a better idea...instead of everybody waiting for him to confirm hows about everybody who wanted to do the trip show up and someone else take leadership of the trip agenda. Not that hard to do.

That's a great iea. So the trip continues after all. We already have the iten down, now let's figure out the date. I think we weren't sure earlier whether we should do it on Thrusday the 25th or Friday the 26th. I'm not free Thurs but I am Friday. How about everyone else?

BTW, I know this is offtopic, but why did the mods close one of Daniel's RF trips in July threads? It hasn't happened yet and it's still going to happen.

He's done with both IINM

That's a great iea. So the trip continues after all. We already have the iten down, now let's figure out the date. I think we weren't sure earlier whether we should do it on Thrusday the 25th or Friday the 26th. I'm not free Thurs but I am Friday. How about everyone else?

BTW, I know this is offtopic, but why did the mods close one of Daniel's RF trips in July threads? It hasn't happened yet and it's still going to happen.

I think Friday is a better date for me. I can't do Thursday as I be up in New Rochelle attending a middle school graduation for a friend that I meet in the Basketball program that I helped out with.

-Meet at South Ferry (1) at 11:00AM

-Travel to Times Square and Transfer to (7)

-Ride (7) to Flushing, stopping at 33rd St., 46th St., and 111th St. (maybe Citifield)

-Ride (7) Back to 74th-Street Broadway

LUNCH

-Ride (E) to Jamaica and Transfer to (J).

-Take (J) to Chambers Street and Transfer to (6).

-Take (6) to Pelham Bay Park and take SBS to Fordham Road. Take the (4) to USQ and Transfer to (N) down to Coney Island

-Take (D) to Dekalb Ave. and Transfer to (R) to 34th Street and ride (F) down to Smith-9th.

End

Lunch can be either at 74th or 82nd. 74th has a Mickey D's, while 82nd has MCD's and BK.

You know I kind of have to say I agree. I enjoy doing lines that are endangered in terms of RFW (which is why my photos usually reflect the (E)(F), and lately the (R), and now occasionally the (A)(C)). I know the West End is underused but R42 hunting on the (F) after Coney Island might seem like a better idea to some here. The trip seems to focus on "rush-hour lines", or lines that you would not want to railfan at all during rush hour (even though this isn't a rush hour trip).

I'm too po' for riding express buses but we probably should ditch the (7). We can also eat lunch at Jamaica, there's better food options there. I'm all for looking for the new MCI's, and maybe even NG's out of JFK (busfanning op at Jamaica Center).

Be my guest. But i like the current itinerary as is. If you have your own interests you're more than welcome to branch off and do your own thing. But Friday is two days away and the time for indecisiveness was about a week ago. So again all those definitely interested in THIS ITINERARY, I want your names either by PM or this thread and all others form your own trip or something.

Archived