Trainspotter 0 Posted October 30, 2007 Share #1 Posted October 30, 2007 MRSA superbug found at Rockaway Pkwy station How safe is New York from the MRSA superbug? The deadly MRSA bacteria that led to the death of 12-year-old Omar Rivera is common - and usually innocuous. On Friday, the Daily News conducted a series of tests on surfaces of common areas in Omar's Canarsie neighborhood with the following results: 1. Subway pole on L Train car #8113 at its final stop on Rockaway Parkway, 4:15 p.m. Negative. 2. Subway turnstile at Rockaway Parkway, 4:25 p.m. Negative. 3. Urinal handle in Rockaway Parkway subway stop men's room, 4:34 p.m. Negative. 4. Faucet handle of sink in Rockaway Parkway subway station men's room bathroom,4:40 p.m. Positive. 5. Pay phone mouthpiece in Rockaway Parkway subway station, 4:48 p.m. Negative. 6. Door handle at Intermediate School 211 main entrance,5:05 p.m. Negative. 7. Basketball being used by kids at Bay View Houses basketball court where Omar played, 5:35 p.m. Negative. 8. Railing on slide at Bay View Houses playground, 6:07 p.m. Negative. 9. Doorknob of Omar's apartment in Bay View Houses, 6:07 p.m. Negative. 10. Buttons in elevator of Omar's building in Bay View Houses, 6:10 p.m. Negative. Full story: NY Daily News - October 30, 2007 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.