RTS or Orion 7 NG? Your Choice!

mark1447

If you were to pick only (1) of those two bus models only(Nothing else), what would it be? RTS (GMC/TMC/Novas Bus) or Orion VII NG (CNG/Hybrid)?

For those(Newbies on buses) who don't know what an RTS or Orion VII look like heres (2) shots i pulled from my collection:

RTS on left, Orion 7 on right

s7300606.jpgs7302117.jpg

I would pick RTS, more of a classic bus love the way it runs. More like driving though the clouds:cool:! My favorite bus over the VII! Plus been a rider since i was little in the 90s!~

If you were to pick only (1) of those two bus models only(Nothing else), what would it be? RTS (GMC/TMC/Novas Bus) or Orion VII NG (CNG/Hybrid)?

For those(Newbies on buses) who don't know what an RTS or Orion VII look like heres (2) shots i pulled from my collection:

RTS on left, Orion 7 on right

s7300606.jpgs7302117.jpg

I would pick RTS, more of a classic bus love the way it runs. More like driving though the clouds:cool:! My favorite bus over the VII! Plus been a rider since i was little in the 90s!~

it depends, is this a MTA RTS or a private bus RTS?

if it was an MTA RTS i'd go with the NG

if it was an Private bus RTS i'd go with the RTS lol

it depends, is this a MTA RTS or a private bus RTS?

if it was an MTA RTS i'd go with the NG

if it was an Private bus RTS i'd go with the RTS lol

lol well it can be MTA or any system with the same bus type =P

and seems like old reliable RTS is the king of the bus here :cool:

I have to go with the NG for sure. The RTS for sure has a higher sight level to see more in front of you. The NG has Great mirrors (you see everything out side)It will also out run every RTS for sure. Loading of disabled and elderly is great cause there are no stairs to climb when entering the bus. only down fall is when the bus has a heavy standing load, nobody wants to go the second level, EVER!!!

Oh yeah The NG Orion has a very bad danger spot. Let Me Explain, right after you pass the farebox you have to pass the tires wells. There are no hand rails there. If the bus operator presses the gas too hard (so much torque from motor) it will jolt a person pretty bad. I always wait for the old or disabled to be seated before pressing the gas pedal.

RTS's still popular to certain cities b/c they don't want Low Floor buses!

Sorry but i gotta ask, whats the problem with Low Floor buses? Is it the wheels thats as tall as our legs or something. Yes im a n00b at this issue lol =X

Sorry but i gotta ask, whats the problem with Low Floor buses? Is it the wheels thats as tall as our legs or something. Yes im a n00b at this issue lol =/

Low floors have less space & standing space than high floor buses. But of course, it depends on what specifications was chosen for the model being purchased

Archived