RTS or Orion 7 NG? Your Choice!

mark1447

I hate ALL of these Orion VII Kleenex Tissue Boxes. Give me any RTS!

Perfect example: Yesterday I had my choice to ride 9347 or 3644 on the Q18. I think you know what I chose. :cool:

The same thing happend to me a few weeks ago on the B44. A tissuebox came first I was about to get on it and then out of nowhere an 96XX RTS came! I ran towards the RTS and rode it. Slimar thing happend this past friday downtown BK three tissueboxes came back to back to back on the B41. Then, in the distance I see an Orion V CNG on the B103!!!! of couse I took the CNG over the hybrid. Awsome bus, working A/C, nice COO COO sound and fast, the bus was hauling ass down 4th avenue!

I want to see the RTs ZF series come to SI. :o

I agree, but they should pave the streets in SI before sending those over there. I would want to see them come to Yukon. When the MTA sent 9382-9429 to Ulmer park they were far better than any RTS already running at Ulmer Park and the ones they replaced (However 9331 was good though).

I rode the S40 to Port Richmond via Richmond Terrance, the ride wasnt as bad as they say. But that one crazy turn the drivers make with their Vs and NGs that gets them into accidents surprised the hell out of me. But from what I saw yesterday, parts of Richmond Terrance have been paved.

I agree, but they should pave the streets in SI before sending those over there. I would want to see them come to Yukon. When the MTA sent 9382-9429 to Ulmer park they were far better than any RTS already running at Ulmer Park and the ones they replaced (However 9331 was good though).
Does it make sense to keep new buses running in SI with these unpaved streets or to give them RTS to replace them? They're much closer to retirement anyways. I don't care if you like a bus model be considerate.

Wow, what a question. I love them both but since this is between the 2, I'm going with the RTS. Not only did I grow up with the RTS's in the 80's and 90's, they are a huge part of why I love buses. The O7 NG's are the bomb but the RTS's are classics. Long live the RTS!!!

Archived