Sander resigns! Pressure from Patterson

If Sander did a great job then why did we flirt with Doomsday 1 and 2??? Wake up fellas he was decent doing the rider report cards and finally getting new equipment. Other than that he still did not help ease the budget problems the MTA had but actually increased them. All the surplus money disappeared and some of you guys say he did a good job?? Come on what do you guys need to see the light? He was a good smoke screen to hide then inevitable truth... the MTA is a bunch of liars and cheats who all need to be replaced ASAP! yes you are right when it comes to being a very difficult job to make up for past sins of the MTA however if you don't start now when will it ever get done? Now is better than later. Lets learn from the auto and bank industries please!!!

If Sander did a great job then why did we flirt with Doomsday 1 and 2??? Wake up fellas he was decent doing the rider report cards and finally getting new equipment. Other than that he still did not help ease the budget problems the MTA had but actually increased them. All the surplus money disappeared and some of you guys say he did a good job?? Come on what do you guys need to see the light? He was a good smoke screen to hide then inevitable truth... the MTA is a bunch of liars and cheats who all need to be replaced ASAP! yes you are right when it comes to being a very difficult job to make up for past sins of the MTA however if you don't start now when will it ever get done? Now is better than later. Lets learn from the auto and bank industries please!!!

The surplus went away because layoffs dropped ridership and property tax revenue dried up due to the recession. The MTA's financial mess was a bed made long before Sander stepped in and something that it takes a lot more than one person in two years to change. He did a good job, but this wasn't his fault. Sure, he could've done some things better...anyone can always do things better, but his actions didn't cause this and what's more in general he improved the service during his time.

Whoever is in next will have to manage the financial aspect more and be a strong personality who can secure dedicated funding that is not tied to an economic condition that relies on the stock market because we all know the greedy wall street bastards take everything and leave nothing for everyone else, and every few years that creates a recession when everyone gets killed when the money's just not there anymore. MTA needs to get solid consistent funding, not that. Hopefully whoever's in next can make that more of a reality than it is now.

Man, I hate what will happen. Eliot Sanders actually can do the Chair/CEO postion perfectly. I believe Eliot Sanders should be appointed to the Chair/CEO position but he resigned since the panicky Govenor Paterson reacted too agressivly.

I feel like the (MTA) is left in a bad shape without Eliot Sanders who did remarkably since being appointed. I just cannot believe Mr. Sanders going resign, ;).

I hope the new guy would have some background on the (MTA) or I would rather have Dale Hemmerdinger do the job, :).

How can you sit there say Sander did a remarkable job with the state of the MTA right now??

How can you sit there say Sander did a remarkable job with the state of the MTA right now??

Lee Sander was not heading the MTA during the borrowing days. Somone else did all that borrowing that is coming back to haunt the MTA and its daily riders today. Transit watchdogs would have liked for Sander to stay on board and continue heading the MTA. They all agreed that Lee Sander was actually doing a good job with the MTA.

Lee Sander was not heading the MTA during the borrowing days. Somone else did all that borrowing that is coming back to haunt the MTA and its daily riders today. Transit watchdogs would have liked for Sander to stay on board and continue heading the MTA. They all agreed that Lee Sander was actually doing a good job with the MTA.

Ok I didn't realize that...but I guess like me too many people are quick to blame him. I wouldn't want the job of trying to sort this mess out either

Perfectly said.

It's all speculation right now but the rumor is that Paterson's senior advisor Marc Shaw is the leading candidate for the job. He is not at all qualified for this position.

Of course he isn't...but at least the city will have a scapegoat to blame for (MTA)'s problems.

Lets put Bloomberg at the helm for a while. He should be able to put the MTA back on track....lol

Oh God. The fare will jump to $4, the subway will feature a dress code of a suit, and there will be an added $1 surcharge if you get a seat on the train.

Bloomberg running the MTA would be a disaster.

Oh God. The fare will jump to $4, the subway will feature a dress code of a suit, and there will be an added $1 surcharge if you get a seat on the train.

Agreed

If the train remains in the station longer than 1.5 mins the T/O will be fined $10

The RFW will be a VIP section. You must book for subway seats online.

It won't make a difference if the Mayor runs the MTA or not. Back when the Board of Education was eliminated for the Department of Education and given control to the Mayor, it was supposed to "improve" the DOE. It's been the same mess as it was back when it was the Board of Education. It would be the same with the MTA.

Stop speculating if you will, Bloomberg would make (MTA) a safer, more reliable system. The (MTA) will be same fare and no dress-code and no-buck per seat. RFW won't cost a single penny. So don't worry, Bloomberg running the (MTA) won't be that bad.

They're joking...

Awwang, i'm going to review the last 24 hours of posts. If i see one more needless & avoidable tangent, we will need to have some words in PM.

Sorry to make this so public, but i need you to understand the seriousness of the situation and the thin nature of the ice you're on right now. We have given you 50 breaks, and it doesn't seem to be helping. Please stay not only on topic, but relevantly on topic. Read the post twice before clicking "submit, and read posts by other members more than once if needed to avoid misunderstanding. If you are not clear on something, either ask for clarification, or stay silent. Use the edit feature vs piling posts to fix a previous posts' error.

--------------------------

Everyone else, also please stay on topic. I know it's easy to get side tracked especially if it involves something you're really into, or some fun comment or idea, but save that either for a separate thread or a PM.

Thanks for your understanding, now back to the topic at hand of sander resigning, why, when, who else was involved etc, and limit it to that please.

Thanks! :)

- (A)

.Somone else did all that borrowing that is coming back to haunt the MTA and its daily riders today. Transit watchdogs would have liked for Sander to stay on board and continue heading the MTA. They all agreed that Lee Sander was actually doing a good job with the MTA.

Yup in his name is George Pataki,hes was the one that put the mta in credited card and now we have to pay the bill,now I can see why he didn't want to run a 5 term as Gov.

Just got this in E-mail & was coming to post it, but I was late to the game!:cry:

I'll be tossing my hat into the arena as well, I really could use that $4000 monthly housing stipend! :):)

Funny thing is we were just posting about this type of major shakeup on another thread about the bailout.

Think the Gov has someone monitoring the forums to get the "NYC Transit Experts" opinions?!?! :)

Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened on a forum.

- A

It wouldn't. That's why I think 3 door artics were tested. We ranted about this long ago, and maybe someone realized it was sensible......

Yeah, I would believe Eliot Spitzer will make good appointments. Mr. Spitzer is a very expirenced and smart guy but only stubborness made his usefulness collapse!

Yeah. When I asked him if I can use his call-girl, he was very stubborn, crying no she's mine, all mine.........

Before this fare hike fiasco, he did things smoothly.

But oh my God, I have no idea who the new guy will be.

You know, Paterson can't really see what's going on. *pun intended*

That's a DOB2RTO joke, buddy....B););)..........

touche.gif

I will make it a cleaner greener system

Yup in his name is George Pataki,hes was the one that put the mta in credited card and now we have to pay the bill,now I can see why he didn't want to run a 5 term as Gov.

Hah-hah.... Now those who elected him, are paying for his mess, and now crying about it........

Archived