Reading or PRR?

metsfan

Which do you prefer? I saw some silverliner 3's at trenton today, and i gotta say they are still looking good.

I like the PRR silverliners because they still have the plate that had the "pennsylvania" lettering, some actually still do, however i also like the reading silverliners, because their interior reminds me of the M1 and comet 1.

- A

Thank you so much (K)! I was sure there was more than one with lettering, because i saw them, however as we all know stuff can change & it was several years since i've seen them together in the same consist. I saw the full lettering unit on track 1 at trenton during the tie replacement when they had :septa: pulling in and leaving from all 4 tracks. I last saw the partial lettering unit on this past jan 20 at 30th st. It was hooked together with a reading unit on each side.

- A

I said there was one car that says PENNSYLVANIA...not SYLVANIA. Yes there are two cars with lettering still but only one remains the true Pennsy car. I don't see people going on man hunts to photograph 218...only 269...BTW they were in the same consist not to long ago on the R3.

I was like "noh wai" when i saw it, thinking of this exact thread! :eek:

By the way, the R3 is much more cool than the R7. So much stuff visible, plus the freight presence. Did you see the 4 light CSX units too? There was also a trash train & several consists sitting idle with no power attached.

It's all most worth the extra 20 minutes of travel time, however if i'm in a hurry i'll take R7 please. :cool:

- A

Nah I fell asleep after Wayne Jct haha I didn't wake back up till WT. I enjoy the R3..but the R7 is easier to get too for me since I just use my Monthly from Matawan to Trenton via Newark. But I knew I had time yesterday and I went early in the morning to catch Q300 pass through. I'll post some septa stuff in another thread later..the pics of 269 were not that great since we were moving and I forgot about seeing it earlier in the day..also was more interested in the new Genset switcher sitting out side the other shops.

Yea i saw that too, i was surprised to see it.

My photo of 269 is also not that good, but it's a photo of a rare thing so when i get to it will be posted as well. :cool::tup:

I got to talk to railfans on the way there and back, and while waiting for the 3:30 home at 30th st.

Funny, taking the R3 from 30th st at 3:30 after being there for 3 hours. Lot of 3's!

- A

Yea i saw that too, i was surprised to see it.

My photo of 269 is also not that good, but it's a photo of a rare thing so when i get to it will be posted as well. :cool::tup:

I got to talk to railfans on the way there and back, and while waiting for the 3:30 home at 30th st.

Funny, taking the R3 from 30th st at 3:30 after being there for 3 hours. Lot of 3's!

- A

I think that was the one I took over to Wayne Junction.

Archived