Star Trek Film The Prequel 2009

Shortline Bus

The first of the major summer season 2009 blockbuster movies is here. Anyone plan to see the prequel Star Trek opening tommorow 5/8/09?:cool:

Featuring a 'new cast' including Capt Kirk debut as the Captian of the Enterprise?

Feel free to also comment on previous Star Trek films with the oringal Capt. Kirk and Capt Picard and of the old tv series as well.

Doing it next weekend, :)!

Me too. I hate crowds. Couple of years ago either 2005 or '06, when last Star Wars film came out, i think on Memorial Holiday weekend. Even with buying tickets with a former roommate/friend a couple of days in advance online, we waited over an hour standing on line at the Union Sq cimena. They 'overbook' and oversold tickets. Only saving grace is they were showing it at 5 of the screens there.

After that i try to avoid like the plague in most cases possible blockbuster hit movies.:o

Also, you can get better seats if you avoid the crowds. Also, one week after the release is the best time to watch a movie since it'll be the quietest and another week later is another band of noise since it'll be like last-minute movie going.

Good point. I try to see this new Star Trek film somtime this week. Still as i said in above post about my "Star Wars' movie mess couple of years ago at Union Sq was that my friend and I was told we were 'guranteed' seats and no waiting on line by buying online in advance a few days earlier. We felt like fools not so much waiting but we thought we go staright to our seats and wait over an hour on line:mad:.

Question for anyone here who knows. Does buying movie tickets online in advance help to gurantee a seat/prevent waiting on line, even when 'blockbuster' movies come out?

The topic is a movie titled "star trek". If people want to talk about getting tickets please create another thread for that, as it is a valid, but entirely separate topic.

To answer the question, you can purchase tickets online for a movie days in advance, then use the same debit/credit/gift card to pick it up also in advance from the ticket kiosks. And yes, it guarantees you a seat, as showtimes are tracked by seats available in the auditorium/screening room vs tickets sold. The screening room is all ready locked in for a certain time unless a problem arises it doesn't change. They will NEVER sell you a ticket without a seat being available. The one exception being a broken seat, which is often not tabulated, but usually results in either a refund or exchange, partial refund, or putting you in another screening of the same movie with assistance of the staff (since sometimes they will bypass generating a new ticket).

Also, there are usually about 1-15 seats more than there are tickets sold for the reasons stated above depending on the size age and design of the screening room/auditorium.

Back on topic guys. :)

- A

Is this really a prequel? I thought it was a series/movie reboot.

I was calling it a 'prequel' from what the movie director/producers call it. I have yet (as of 5/11/09) but plan to see it this week.The storyline is about the early days of Capt Kirk and his crew.

When the oringal 1960's TV show began in middle of Kirk' reign.

So i guess a prequel is the proper term.:confused:

Archived