If Triboro Coach were still alive...

Bracamonte

Triboro Coach was still alive With out a doubt they would get the leftover MTA orions V and still have the 1980'GMC and CNG RTS still running and some Orion VIIs with 2X2 seating

If TCC was still around I don't think they would have kept the GMC RTS running in service, they would have been way to old and expenive to keep running in service. They probaly would sitting around at the Varsity storage yard in Spring Creek. I remeber going back there a few years ago and there was a whole bunch of old retired GMC RTS from Green lines and Command stored in that lot. Went back there a few weeks ago and just seen old Command GMC RTS and an Command fishbowl, burnt out Orion V CNG and a flexble metro.

And I agree with you about the MTA leftover Orion Vs. I remeber when Green lines got old retired TMC RTS from NYCT with the 6V92.

If TCC was still around I don't think they would have kept the GMC RTS running in service, they would have been way to old and expenive to keep running in service.

Well most of the GMC RTS buses that command and Triboro running that were in service in 2005 were made in 85 and 86,way pass there retirement,I Think the TCC would keep them in service untill 2010.

no way, thank god triboro coach is not alive,don

t you guys realize that triboro coach were beating up their buses really good and it has so many breakdowns and there were lots of missed trips,thank god we don't have troror coach anymore,their buses were not in good condition and most of them retired but some TMC RTS were saved and most orion v cng were saved.

If Triboro Coach was still around today:

The GMCs would be done for.

The TMC RTSs and TMC CNG RTSs would still be around

The Orion V CNG Suburbans would still be in service at TCC.

The MCI Classics would still be in Express Service

There would be no MCI D4500s at TCC.

CNG would still be run out of TCC.

TCC would not have Orion VII HEVs. If they did, then they would have a mismatched paint scheme and body panels.

If Tri-Boro was still around the Orion VII, would look their MCI Classics, RTS's, and Orion V CNG's. Tri-Boro colors, with a brown panel here, a gray panel there, riding lop-sided, caked up brake dust on the wheels, and with alot of the Orion VIIs OOS......

Well most of the GMC RTS buses that command and Triboro running that were in service in 2005 were made in 85 and 86,way pass there retirement,I Think the TCC would keep them in service untill 2010.

Well, maybe the city had a vendetta against the PBL so they didn't want to buy replacements for the GMC RTS. I read on another forum that Command proposed an extention of the B103 to gateway mall but the city rejected it. The city prevented the PBL from improveing service to make them look bad so they could get taken over by the MTA.

*Insert the famous four JSQ-K car words here*

The city prevented the PBL from improveing service to make them look bad so they could get taken over by the MTA.

Exactly. The city has always had unreasonable vendettas against private operators, be it the BMT, IRT, or the PBL. I thought we lived in a capitalist democracy, not a communist dictatorship.:confused: What happened to the whole idea of the free enterprise?

Archived