Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
bknightshadow45

I spotted an R68A D train in Service last night!

After a day of hanging out with my friends at Lehman College I saw a R68A (D) train in the Concourse Yard. I saw the train leaving the yard while I was waiting for the (4) train. I saw the (D) train leaving the yard around 9:30pm last night. I realized that there is a Yankee game that night so I took the (4) train to 161st St-Yankee Stadium. I had to get off the (4) train since the heat was on the train that I got overheated. I got to Yankee Stadium around 9:50pm to wait for the (D) train. I let few trains go by since many Yankee fans was leaving the stadium and was on their way home. I expected all the trains will be standing room only so I waited for another train hoping the R68A (D) train to come out of the yard. Around 10:30pm I saw an empty (D) train. Everyone was happy since the train was empty but I found out that the train was only going to 2nd Avenue. I decided to let the train go to wait until 11:00pm for the train. Around 10:50 I was happy and shocked that I saw the R68A (D) train pulled into the station. The train was empty and everyone was happy. The car I was on was 518x series. The car I was on only had 5 people when the train left the station. Everything from the train ride is going normal until the train hit 145th St that from the loudspeaker that this train will make local stops. Next stop is 135th St. I was not mad since I was happy that I got to ride the R68A (D) train. Last minute the train went express until 59th St. Then the ride took a strange turn. The (D) train switched to the local track and it ran via the 8th Avenue line making local stops from 59th St until World Trade Center! Some people was shocked that people saw a (D) train running on the 8th Avenue line. Some people was confused that they were on the right train since the rollsigns read Bedford Park Blvd on the top and the bottom rollsign was blacked out. Some people thought the train was going to Coney Island. When the train arrived at West 4th St the conductor said: " This is West 4th St transfer for the (A), (C), (E), (F), and the Coney Island bound (D) train. This train will be making local stops until Chambers St. When the (D) train arrived at Chambers St-WTC the train went out of service and went back to the yard. While I was walking towards the last staircase to transfer for the (A) train I saw the last car of the (D) train but the rollsign was marked as a (:) train! This was a fun ride and I wish I had my camera to take the pictures of the R68A (D) train. Confused Yankee fans had to ride back uptown to West 4th St for a Coney Island bound (D) train.

Nice.. Did the (D) terminate at the Chambers St (A)(C) Station or the World Trade Center (E) Station?. If it terminated at the Chambers St (A)(C) Station, there is a middle turn-around track just north of the station which connects the Uptown & Brooklyn-Bound (A)(C) Tracks.

Zach

Nice.. Did the (D) terminate at the Chambers St (A)(C) Station or the World Trade Center (E) Station?. If it terminated at the Chambers St (A)(C) Station, there is a middle turn-around track just north of the station which connects the Uptown & Brooklyn-Bound (A)(C) Tracks.

Zach

The (D) terminated at the World Trade Center (E) Station.

After a day of hanging out with my friends at Lehman College I saw a R68A (D) train in the Concourse Yard. I saw the train leaving the yard while I was waiting for the (4) train. I saw the (D) train leaving the yard around 9:30pm last night. I realized that there is a Yankee game that night so I took the (4) train to 161st St-Yankee Stadium. I had to get off the (4) train since the heat was on the train that I got overheated. I got to Yankee Stadium around 9:50pm to wait for the (D) train. I let few trains go by since many Yankee fans was leaving the stadium and was on their way home. I expected all the trains will be standing room only so I waited for another train hoping the R68A (D) train to come out of the yard. Around 10:30pm I saw an empty (D) train. Everyone was happy since the train was empty but I found out that the train was only going to 2nd Avenue. I decided to let the train go to wait until 11:00pm for the train. Around 10:50 I was happy and shocked that I saw the R68A (D) train pulled into the station. The train was empty and everyone was happy. The car I was on was 518x series. The car I was on only had 5 people when the train left the station. Everything from the train ride is going normal until the train hit 145th St that from the loudspeaker that this train will make local stops. Next stop is 135th St. I was not mad since I was happy that I got to ride the R68A (D) train. Last minute the train went express until 59th St. Then the ride took a strange turn. The (D) train switched to the local track and it ran via the 8th Avenue line making local stops from 59th St until World Trade Center! Some people was shocked that people saw a (D) train running on the 8th Avenue line. Some people was confused that they were on the right train since the rollsigns read Bedford Park Blvd on the top and the bottom rollsign was blacked out. Some people thought the train was going to Coney Island. When the train arrived at West 4th St the conductor said: " This is West 4th St transfer for the (A), (C), (E), (F), and the Coney Island bound (D) train. This train will be making local stops until Chambers St. When the (D) train arrived at Chambers St-WTC the train went out of service and went back to the yard. While I was walking towards the last staircase to transfer for the (A) train I saw the last car of the (D) train but the rollsign was marked as a (:) train! This was a fun ride and I wish I had my camera to take the pictures of the R68A (D) train. Confused Yankee fans had to ride back uptown to West 4th St for a Coney Island bound (D) train.

:mad: u r so damn lucky. i been wanting to ride an R68A on the (D) in years!!! i mean i still ride them on the (B)(Q) (mostly the (Q)), but man those R68A's look nice on the (D). i'd like it if they placed the R68A's on both the (D)(Q), and regular R68's on the (B). that would make it look so hot.

R68A's on the (D) would look even nicer if it ran on the (F) line between Carroll St and 4 Av-9 St via Local and over the viaduct. i wish that day would happen and i could be there.

R68A's on the (D) would look even nicer if it ran on the (F) line between Carroll St and 4 Av-9 St via Local and over the viaduct. i wish that day would happen and i could be there.

It'll be fun to see R68As on the (F) itself!

Meh theres nothing much new with the R68A on the (D) , its like a remake of the R68. Its the same with different mechanical features and small design difference. Of course I spotted an R68A (N), havent seen since Jan 2009. Which ill load laterz..

but great catch..

:mad: u r so damn lucky. i been wanting to ride an R68A on the (D) in years!!! i mean i still ride them on the (:o(Q) (mostly the (Q)), but man those R68A's look nice on the (D). i'd like it if they placed the R68A's on both the (D)(Q), and regular R68's on the (:). that would make it look so hot.

I got lucky for riding the train. Sometimes you may see some R68A (D) trains after Yankee night games when the (B) stops running in the Bronx. I wish the (B) still runs slants so I can catch a slant (D) after Yankee night games.

I got lucky for riding the train. Sometimes you may see some R68A (D) trains after Yankee night games when the (:) stops running in the Bronx. I wish the (B) still runs slants so I can catch a slant (D) after Yankee night games.

Sorry, dude, those days are history.

Been there done that. As for your original post, photos or it didn't happen. If anything, Yankee Special (D) trains ALWAYS terminates at 2nd Avenue.

actually, it doesnt always happen, cuz i remember i went to a yankee game on a saturday, and the (D) train i was on terminated at Church Av on the (F) line. i dont remember wat it did after that, but thats how i got home. i took that (D) train running on the (F) line using regular R68's.