Photos of Your Area

This thread is for photos of your local neighbourhood. Parks, buildings, cars, shops, anything! Post whatever you like, however bear in mind:

-No photos that show your house

-House numbers cannot be the subject of the photos

-Photos cannot encroach upon one's privacy, if a person is to be the subject of a certain photo, you MUST have consent

I'll start with mine:

DSC03534.jpg

DSC03535.jpg

DSC03536.jpg

DSC03537.jpg

These people just happen to be in the way of my photo, so yeah:

DSC03541.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03546.jpg

Nice idea for a thread! I'll take some pics of my neighborhood soon for this thread. Why the third rule though? Is it against NYCTF rules?

I made the third rule because I want to protect the rights of people. If you do not have the consent of the subjected person, it's not allowed. In fact, if the person sees the photo online, and see himself or herself in the picture, the person can sue you. Yeah like the person thinks you're a stalker and stuff. So it's basically privacy.

This thread is for photos of your local neighbourhood. Parks, buildings, cars, shops, anything! Post whatever you like, however bear in mind:

-No photos that show your house

-House numbers cannot be the subject of the photos

-Photos cannot encroach upon one's privacy, if a person is to be the subject of a certain photo, you MUST have consent

leme guess those pics of the taxi's were taken at East Broadway?

here are some pics of my hood:

DSCN0044-2.jpg

moon during sunrise lol

IMG_0009.jpg

in the snow!

leme guess those pics of the taxi's were taken at East Broadway?

Yup, there's a taxi rank outside Seward Park. I sometimes call Strauss Square (which really is an eastern extension of Canal Street) Taxi Alley because of the number of cabs there.

Nice pics!

lol thanks

yea that's a taxi stand only they are allowed to park there.

There's another one by Grand Street & Chrystie Street in front of the B/D entrance between the parks, only taxi's and black car services are allowed to park there.

lol thanks

yea that's a taxi stand only they are allowed to park there.

There's another one by Grand Street & Chrystie Street in front of the B/D entrance between the parks, only taxi's and black car services are allowed to park there.

Yeah, I'll get some more tomorrow when I'm in Chinatown.

As long as you are not encroaching on anyone's privacy, I will allow it. Let me amend that... Okay, who's up with photos?

How can there be privacy in a public area? If the subject doesn't have a "reasonable expectation of privacy"—basically meaning that it is in a public place that one could expect a camera to be at—then it is cool to take the picture.

How can there be privacy in a public area? If the subject doesn't have a "reasonable expectation of privacy"—basically meaning that it is in a public place that one could expect a camera to be at—then it is cool to take the picture.

Well the thing is, I don't want any other person to be the subject of a photo in this forum. Unless they have consent.

Well of course, man. I'm dying to see some more pics. I just came back from "townfanning" and I have a gutload of pics to share.

lol, next time lets do housefanning too ^_^b LOL

hmm, ill see if ill post soem of mine, after I rf near my MNRR station~

Fascinating collection of photos, MTR Admiralty. :cool: Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Townfanning is really amazing, you could do it anytime.

@Yuki: Nice pics, however I would focus on the essence of the neighbourhood, rather than transportation. I tend to refrain from taking pics of the subway or buses.

Guest Charles

Yuki, the green sign that says "Public Buses to Queens...Q23, Q33, Q48, Q72" is at LaGuardia Airport?

...Does that mean the Q23 will run to LGA somewhen in the future? I hope so.

You shot my block and my apartment!

LOL, I did take a shot of your street. But never knew your apartment came into my pics. I was walking along Grand that day and it was pretty bright. So I took some pics in side streets where the sun was really having an effect.

LOL, I did take a shot of your street. But never knew your apartment came into my pics. I was walking along Grand that day and it was pretty bright. So I took some pics in side streets where the sun was really having an effect.

After 6PM, the area looks pretty cool. Especially Seward Park.

After 6PM, the area looks pretty cool. Especially Seward Park.

Yeah, I'm going to get some Seward shots soon. I'm not going to venture the area south of Madison. I mean, you know what that area is. Delancy shots are fun too. Especially if you get near the bridge.

Archived