Photos from lately via Downtown Manhattan (Improved Shots)

Well at least you took non(:)(D) shots for once . And you do 59th tho. But Nice pics. What ISO speed did you had for the Moving ©harlie? Sounds perfect =)

Idk my camera ISO speed is auto and I'm going to put my (B)(D)(Q) trains photos on seperate thread later and thanks:tup:

Nice stuff.

Play with the white balance more. The trains and the stations sometimes can be different in terms of lighting, sometimes mezzanine, platform, and under/overpasses can have 3 different types of lighting, plus then the subway cars. :)

- A

Nice stuff.

Play with the white balance more. The trains and the stations sometimes can be different in terms of lighting, sometimes mezzanine, platform, and under/overpasses can have 3 different types of lighting, plus then the subway cars. :)

- A

so what white balance modes should I try?

Nice pics. You don't have to put the "improved shots" in the title though, since we'll be able to tell if the shots are improving (which they are). For White balance, it depends where you are. My camera has a sunny, shady, incandescent, warm, cool, and off-white flouroscent light white balance settings. You have to use them depending on the circumstance. For example, the inside of an R32 is cool white incandescent. An elevated station is sunny. CPW stations are generally warm white or off-white flouroscent light.

About the ISO, most people use 400 when they are underground. When I am above ground, I use 200, or 100 if there is enough light. You can also try playing with the exposure. The higher the exposure the lighter the picture is, which is good in some cases, except for when there is overexposure - when there are white objects in your photo that lose all their detail.

Nice shots, I don't think you need to put "Improved shots" in your title

thanks

Nice pics. You don't have to put the "improved shots" in the title though, since we'll be able to tell if the shots are improving (which they are). For White balance, it depends where you are. My camera has a sunny, shady, incandescent, warm, cool, and off-white flouroscent light white balance settings. You have to use them depending on the circumstance. For example, the inside of an R32 is cool white incandescent. An elevated station is sunny. CPW stations are generally warm white or off-white flouroscent light.

About the ISO, most people use 400 when they are underground. When I am above ground, I use 200, or 100 if there is enough light. You can also try playing with the exposure. The higher the exposure the lighter the picture is, which is good in some cases, except for when there is overexposure - when there are white objects in your photo that lose all their detail.

thanks for letting me know Kris:tup:

Archived