R160 R Train

Very nice, but I thought that since that (R) train would be headed to Bay Ridge (regardless of whether it was in service or not), it would have scrapped the Queens Blvd trunk line destination in favor of 4th Av in Brooklyn, kinda like what the (F) does by scrapping Queens Blvd EXP in favor of Culver Local southbound. Anyway, great videos.

Nice finds, humm this brings suspicion on if the (R) is going to use R-160's or not. But, I don't find it to be surprising since the (R) travels through many stations dominated by the R-160's, :)!

Only in Queens counts, though. (N) and (Q) and (W) come from another yard. But it isn't necessarily the case that what runs on one line runs on another. The (V) and (R) may stick mostly with R46s and I don't see many R42/R40Ms, in fact I don't see any on the (V) although you find them on the (E), (F) and (R).

Nice finds, humm this brings suspicion on if the (R) is going to use R-160's or not. But, I don't find it to be surprising since the (R) travels through many stations dominated by the R-160's, :)!

Yep, the (R) can run R160s whenever and wherever. The majority of the route except for the 4th Avenue stub is running or has been successfully tested by the R160s. And there are no clearance issues because the R46s are longer than the R160s.

Basically R160s on the (R) are good to go.

Yep, the (R) can run R160s whenever and wherever. The majority of the route except for the 4th Avenue stub is running or has been successfully tested by the R160s. And there are no clearance issues because the R46s are longer than the R160s.

Basically R160s on the (R) are good to go.

But remember, they won't flood the line like the (E), for the most part the (R) will stay MOSTLY R46.

Only in Queens counts, though. (N) and (Q) and (W) come from another yard. But it isn't necessarily the case that what runs on one line runs on another. The (V) and (R) may stick mostly with R46s and I don't see many R42/R40Ms, in fact I don't see any on the (V) although you find them on the (E), (F) and (R).

The (V) doesn't need them at all. It's not using any of the older cars. And, AFAIK the current train set-up can cope with the loading. Meaning that, there aren't (E) like crowds during rush hour.

the reason that happen was a throw in like how the G late night got 1 from the F but the R will get it soon by the end of this month.or nxt mnth.

Well here's the thing: I can't be too sure about the dates. AFAIK, (R) crews are going to be trained for R160 operation, if not now. Once that is completed, does the (R) begin to run R160s. So whenever that thing is done, that's when you see R160s going there.

Archived