What would you do, if you were picked as the new MTA CEO/GM?

Here are some more of my plans:

Stations that should be ADA accessible:

Jay st-Borough Hall (A)(C)(F)

Broadway Junction (A)(C)(L)(J)(Z)

Fulton St (2)(3)(4)(5)

4Av-9st (F)(M)(R)

Lexington Avenue-59 St (N)(R)(W)(4)(5)(6)

Delancey St-Essex St (F)(J)(M)(Z)

More service changes:

Instead of skip-stop service on the (J)(Z), they both make all stops except, (J) terminates at Chambers st when (Z) is running during rush hours.

Staten Island Railway:

Fare collection at all stations (including (SIR) Main line

New North Shore Line Runs from St. George to Eltingville Transit Center all times

I try the easiest one.

1)How to Cut or eliminate wasteful spending? ie redudant jobs, and low performing or used subway or bus lines?

An example would be those subway/bus lines on the 'doomesday' cuts? Or if any low used subway stations should close at night?

1. I will only cut X25 because last AM Rush Hour is crowded, but not PM Rush Hour. In replacement of X25, X90 will stop at 2nd Av/42nd St and 1st Av/39th St.

6)Any 'new' projects such as 'light rail/trolley projects' and extend Metro North to NY/Penn Station?

I will put 42nd St Lightrail on map as Vision42 stated.

I have more idea.

MNRR/LIRR:

Have free shuttle bus service between Grand Central and NY Penn Station, allowing Weekend City Ticket to be combined.

Isham Street between Broadway and Sherman Av should be converted to Bus Transitway during the Bx12+Select Bus Service.

University Heights Bridge should be closed to non-bus traffic.

Buses:

Bronx

Bx13: Extend to new MNRR Yankees Stadium station park and ride.

Manhattan:

M1 South Ferry need on weekends. (Lots of tourists demand this)

M6: Extend to Lincoln Center via M20 route.

M9: Extend to Chelsea Pier or Abindon Sq to help M14A/D.

M10/M20: Combine and local will be M10 and SBS M20.

M27/M16: Combine into one loop route. M16 will go Waterside Plaza, East 34th St, 8th Av, 50th St, 2nd Av, 42nd St, FDR Drive Service Rd, Waterside Plaza. M27 will go Waterside Plaza, East 34th St, 1st Av, 49th St, 9th Av, 34th St, 2nd Av, 23rd St, Waterside Plaza.

M30: Expand via M31 to 54th St/11th Av.

M35: Expand to Rikers Island- From the island loop, bus will go follow M60 route to Hoyt Av/31st St, north on 31st St, then onto Q100 LTD route to Riker's Island, then return same way to provide same loop again in Island, then return to Harlem.

Queens:

Q20A and Q20B should be rename.

Extend Q23 via Q48 route via all LGA Terminals.

Extend Q69 via M60 route to LGA CTB, then Q33 route to Astoria Blvd/81st St.

Extend Q19 to Long Island City to provide another option for Q66 passengers. Relocate Q19 Bus Stop at Astoria Blvd/31st St SW corner to same stop as M60, so passengers travelling between 31st St & 82nd St can choose either M60 or Q19.

Q72: Have more service on weekend and weekday evening.

Q101/Q102: Have more service.

Brooklyn:

B39 to be either extend to 14th St-Union Sq via Allen St, 14th St or West 4th St via Delancey-Kenmare Sts, Broadway, Houston St, 6th Av, Kenmare-Delancey Sts.

Staten Island:

NYCT S89 should be daily service during the operation of NJ Transit Hudson-Bergen Lightrail hours.

Nassau County

N6 LTD: Make it 7-day LTD and boost weekend service.

N72: Add more service.

Subway

For (A) Shuttle Buses replace trains between Howard Beach and the Rockaways, between Rockaway Blvd and Beach 98th St, have private coach provide free shuttle bus, so suitcase passengers will be more relax. Same for (E)(J) Shuttle Bus.

Queens:

Q20A and Q20B should be rename.

Extend Q23 via Q48 route via all LGA Terminals.

Extend Q69 via M60 route to LGA CTB, then Q33 route to Astoria Blvd/81st St.

Extend Q19 to Long Island City to provide another option for Q66 passengers. Relocate Q19 Bus Stop at Astoria Blvd/31st St SW corner to same stop as M60, so passengers travelling between 31st St & 82nd St can choose either M60 or Q19.

The Q20A/B don't need to be renamed, but you can combine them.

Q23 sounds like a good idea.

Q69 idea isn't very needed. If needed just terminate it at LGA.

Q19 option isn't needed. Q66 passengers aren't looking for Northern Blvd....

Last idea sounds good...

The Q20A/B don't need to be renamed, but you can combine them.

Q23 sounds like a good idea.

Q69 idea isn't very needed. If needed just terminate it at LGA.

Q19 option isn't needed. Q66 passengers aren't looking for Northern Blvd....

Last idea sounds good...

Which last idea, Kris?

I don't get all this (Z) hateing. the line does it's job, unlike the 9. the only reason the west side IRT lost skip stop is people began to travel in large numbers between stations that required a transfer between the 1 and 9.

Exactly my ponit. (J) customers need that (Z) express.

For me, it's not "hating". I just believe that with tight curves and a row of timers, skip stop service is not the best thing. The trains would have to slow down anyway.

True. You got a point there.

Here are my last set of changes:

Bus Service:

Manhattan:

M1 extended to South Ferry all times

Brooklyn:

B70 extended to South Beach, Staten Island via Verrazanno Bridge

Staten Island:

S89 runs during middays

True. You got a point there.

Here are my last set of changes:

Bus Service:

Manhattan:

M1 extended to South Ferry all times

Brooklyn:

B70 extended to South Beach, Staten Island via Verrazanno Bridge

Staten Island:

S89 runs during middays

S78 why extend the M1 to South Ferry? Lower Manhattan is a ghost town late at night. As a 15 year old teen S78 have you been to South Ferry late night at all?

I can agree ie running the M1 6am-Midnight daily if the M6 is canned. Overnights the M15 and nearby (1)(4) and (R) or (N) subway lines is fine by itself .

The B70 not sure to do with it. It needs changes badly.

And I agree with running the S89 to/from Bayonne middays and weekends. With 30-minute headways weekends until 9pm. Hourly service late evenings until last bus leaving NJ around 11pm.

S78 why extend the M1 to South Ferry? Lower Manhattan is a ghost town late at night. As a 15 year old teen S78 have you been to South Ferry late night at all?

What does his age have to do with his proposal? It's not like he constantly makes unrealistic proposals.

What does his age have to do with his proposal? It's not like he constantly makes unrealistic proposals.

Because at age 15 he might have 'curfews' and not allowed to be out at night and not know the real story of how much ridership South Ferry gets at 2am in morning for example. That the reason I stated it. Maybe i should have reworded it different. If i seemed rude to S78 i am sorry. I personally avoid making propsals/idea suggestions unless i know the situation.

I have been to SI Ferry late at night couple of times to visit an old college friend and almost nobody transfering to the Ferry is using the bus. Almost everyone is at that time is using the subway. That what i meant the M1 does not needs 24/7 to Lower Manhattan.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

I only have a few things so bare with me....... most of the thing are for mta bus. I woulnd first megre lirr and mnr...I woulnd then make the the (J) local all times and the (E) woulnd make start at 179 street and the f woulnd sometime woulnd start a jamaica. I think this woulnd help out the (E) and (F) lines. I woulnd fix up smith and 9th on the (F) and (G) lines. Not for MTA bus I woulnd megre longisland bus and bee lines makeing the both mta bus. I woulnd closed yonkers depot and marge it with eastchester depot cp depot will run orion7 ng cngs and will use longisland cng buses . Jfk depot will no longer run rts and tmc only orion 5 and 7 no express buses will runout of jfk. Farock will run all express buses.

I woulnd then make the the (J) local all times and the (E) woulnd make start at 179 street and the f woulnd sometime woulnd start a jamaica. I think this woulnd help out the (E) and (F) lines.

Jamaica Centre is an inadequate terminal for the (E). The reason why some (E) trips start at 179 is because JC can't handle that many (E). 179 serves as a relief terminal during rush hours. Now, the reason why Jamaica Centre is an inadequate terminal is because of this: the switch is set too far back from the station. The station, AFAIK, is meant to be an interim terminal, meaning the line was supposed to be extended somewhere, which however, isn't done.

Because at age 15 he might have 'curfews' and not allowed to be out at night and not know the real story of how much ridership South Ferry gets at 2am in morning for example. That the reason I stated it. Maybe i should have reworded it different. If i seemed rude to S78 i am sorry. I personally avoid making propsals/idea suggestions unless i know the situation.

I have been to SI Ferry late at night couple of times to visit an old college friend and almost nobody transfering to the Ferry is using the bus. Almost everyone is at that time is using the subway. That what i meant the M1 does not needs 24/7 to Lower Manhattan.

It's okay. They were just some ideas from my head.

I only have a few things so bare with me....... most of the thing are for mta bus. I woulnd first megre lirr and mnr...I woulnd then make the the (J) local all times and the (E) woulnd make start at 179 street and the f woulnd sometime woulnd start a jamaica. I think this woulnd help out the (E) and (F) lines. I woulnd fix up smith and 9th on the (F) and (G) lines. Not for MTA bus I woulnd megre longisland bus and bee lines makeing the both mta bus. I woulnd closed yonkers depot and marge it with eastchester depot cp depot will run orion7 ng cngs and will use longisland cng buses . Jfk depot will no longer run rts and tmc only orion 5 and 7 no express buses will runout of jfk. Farock will run all express buses.

Good news is that both the Smith-9th and 4th Ave-9th St station on the (F)(G) lines just started a 3 year reconstruction project which Smith-9th will be closed for 6-9 months sometime next year in 2010. The (G) is planned to be extended to Church Ave.

Archived