Live From Flagstaff, Arizona - Happy National Train Day!

Yesterday, I drove up 2 hours north from the Phoenix area up to Flagstaff, Arizona. Home of the Famous NAU-Northern Arizona University Campus. I walk into the BNSF/Amtrak Flagstaff Station only to find signs all over the place that state "National Train Day"! I remembered Amtrak was sponsoring National Train day, but I forgot which day it was scheduled for. Anyways, I walk into the station and they're are HO/N scale models of Amtrak, BNSF, C & O, and more displayed all over the place. Was really cool. This is the BNSF Line, with a station stop along Amtrak's "Southwest Chief" Line. BNSF Trains ran by at least every 10 minutes in both directions! - East and West. I thought NYC was loud with el Trains going by every few minutes. The station vibrates when these massive BNSF Trains blast through. Footage Below! :tup::cool:

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

DSCN0612a.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619-1.jpg

DSCN0620copy.jpg

DSCN0623copy.jpg

DSCN0624a.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0627-1.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0630-1.jpg

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

DSCN0634copy.jpg

DSCN0636copy.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0669copy.jpg

Zach

Awesome stuff (Z)! :tup::eek:

That first video, i noticed it had helper engines on the backend, was it about to, or just off of a hill climb, or were they just used for speed?

What locos were they do you know?

On the CSX line near my house (5 miles away) we have trains similar in length & speed, however the level nature of the line allows the use of only 2 locos, sometimes 3 if it has a lot of full tank cars.

Happy belated national train day, i have some of my own stuff from :septa: and amtk etc.

- A

Wonderful pics and vids!

Thanks C!

Great shots love the Pumpkins! :tup::tup:

Thanks! Yeah, I love that scheme.

Awsome photos! Always nice to see BNSF.

Thanks!

Awesome stuff (Z)! :tup::eek:

That first video, i noticed it had helper engines on the backend, was it about to, or just off of a hill climb, or were they just used for speed?

What locos were they do you know?

On the CSX line near my house (5 miles away) we have trains similar in length & speed, however the level nature of the line allows the use of only 2 locos, sometimes 3 if it has a lot of full tank cars.

Happy belated national train day, i have some of my own stuff from :septa: and amtk etc.

- A

Thanks Andy! In the first video, the train was actually coming off a hill, and back to level grade. I know BNSF runs Dash-8s/Dash-9s. Maybe some SD70Mac's? Not sure about that one. Most of the BNSF Trains have a minimum of 4 locos up front, while other trains have 2-3 locos.

• 2 months later...
Ah, ok, very cool! NS has a few of the same line of locos that i get to see from time to time, nice to see in a different livery moving more than trash! :cool:

- A

Haha.Move more than trash lol. Every now and then, I catch a NS unit out here. In fact 2 years ago, I saw a Conrail engine in between 2 BNSF units! It was crazy:tup::cool:

Great pics, Zach!

Thanks!

Archived