National Train Day Part 5: Freight Action

kaback9

Heh. That old timer what a tool(car). :)

How many arrow 3's do you think will be found serving similar purpose?

I wonder if we could start a project to track down all former pax cars that are now in non-pax service. Would dig up a lot of history i bet!

Riding on the R3 really gave me a good idea of what the reading was aiming for and what it was like back then. I can just imagine boarding at woodbourne or reading terminal and heading to newark, just as i can envision PRR and levittown to newark or manhattan transfer. I noticed a handful of abandoned stations, mainly the type that you'd have the train stop 2 end doors at, 12 or so feet side to side, concrete, some with more modern asphalt.

- A

LOL.

I think were more likely to see Arrow III's when they get retired either scrapped :) or become cab cars for wire trains so yes maybe will see a few act as tool cars, kind of like the SEPTA Arrow II. Amtrak, Transit and NJT could then get rid of the older cars now in service.

Manhattan Transfer is still around just as the Harrison PATH station!

Manhattan Transfer is still around just as the Harrison PATH station!

Shhh, i don't want foamers on my train! :cool:

But yea, its design is hardcore PRR style with the canopy & sadly now replaced platform that once sported telltale crosshatching. :tup:

(NJT) is going to need a proper wire train if it plans to expand 'lectrification at all. Just park it at MMC in the back.

- A

Archived