fastest way to midtown?

nl0128

hey guys,

i'm a new resident to yonkers. i live near a bxm4c/20 stop on central ave which is very convenient to get to. i work in midtown manhattan and currently take the bxm4c. i understand that there's heavy traffic during rush hours but is it supposed to take 1.5-2hrs to get to 43rd st? (the timetables say 1 hr) i've been taking it for months and it seems like it's not uncommon. the way back isn't much better. i get on a 5:11pm or 5:21pm bus and won't arrive at my stop until it's close to 7pm. i've tried the subway to the bx20 combination and it's no different. whenever i have an opportunity, i take the metro north but unfortunately i don't live near a station. is there a faster way to midtown? if i could hop off at 125th st, WALK to a subway and catch an express train im sure it would be faster but the first unload point is 96th. are there any plans to reduce travel time on the bxm4c? my coworkers who spend close to 4 hours on a bus live a lot farther. i feel like ripping my hair out. :cry: do i have to move out of yonkers? :o

4 hours might be exaggerating it a bit but there have been times it's taken that long. from the bx20 ive taken the D train @ bedford park blvd. the D train runs express. At 145th st I xfer to the A, which also runs express. my stop is 42nd & 8th ave. the thing w/ the bx20 line is that there are a million stops B) i've never been on the bx21 -perhaps that is faster but they dont seem to run except in the morning. why did i ever leave the subway grid anyway... :)

Have you try MTA Bus BxM3 yet?

http://www.mta.info/busco/schedules/bxm3cur.pdf

Pickup is at S. Broadway at Prospect St, Vark, MaClean, Radford St and various pickup in Bronx and it drop off at 5th Av/40th St.

It this doesn"t work.

Take Bee-Line 4 or 20 local to Bedford Park Blvd Subway.

Transfer to Manhattan-bound (D) or during AM Rush Hour, transfer to B local or (D) express to 145th St for (A) to 42nd St-PABT.

hey guys,

i'm a new resident to yonkers. i live near a bxm4c/20 stop on central ave which is very convenient to get to. i work in midtown manhattan and currently take the bxm4c. i understand that there's heavy traffic during rush hours but is it supposed to take 1.5-2hrs to get to 43rd st? (the timetables say 1 hr) i've been taking it for months and it seems like it's not uncommon. the way back isn't much better. i get on a 5:11pm or 5:21pm bus and won't arrive at my stop until it's close to 7pm. i've tried the subway to the bx20 combination and it's no different. whenever i have an opportunity, i take the metro north but unfortunately i don't live near a station. is there a faster way to midtown? if i could hop off at 125th st, WALK to a subway and catch an express train im sure it would be faster but the first unload point is 96th. are there any plans to reduce travel time on the bxm4c? my coworkers who spend close to 4 hours on a bus live a lot farther. i feel like ripping my hair out. :cry: do i have to move out of yonkers? :)

I m not saying during this all the time but if you own a car what about driving to or near Van Corlanadt Park (242 and Broadway) and take the #1 train?

Archived