I have a question about the old GM AND AMC BUSES

mbtanumber1

Hi there

I was just wondering if any citys or towns out there are still using the old GM buses that they had back in the 70's and 80's those were the days and i am a big fan of the old Buses.I am also a Fan of the OLD Flixable and the old AMC.I was wondering does anyone know when the last year they made the old AMC buses that the MBTA T had.I was wondering is there any MBTA fans out there and if so remember the MBTA MINI BUS back in the 70's.Take care and have a great night

God Bless

Welcome aboard, mbtanumber1! I remember these buses fondly, well in the case of the AMC's just remember, but they have been long gone from the Phoenix, AZ area. The GM Old and New Look buses were probably the best transit buses ever made and the later Flxible New Looks weren't bad either. Wish they were all still running instead of what we have now.

Welcome aboard, mbtanumber1! I remember these buses fondly, well in the case of the AMC's just remember, but they have been long gone from the Phoenix, AZ area. The GM Old and New Look buses were probably the best transit buses ever made and the later Flxible New Looks weren't bad either. Wish they were all still running instead of what we have now.

Hi there i was such a big fan of the old GM Buses from the 70's and the 80's.The MBTA BACK IN THE 70'S because i think the old GM buses were first made around the late 60's which the T had then they got the Fixible in the late 70's to the early 80's and they try one year they got AMC Buses were nothing but a hunk of junk around 1984 and then they got the New type GM Buses in the late 80's which was very cool.I do not like the new ones the T has now there ok but nothing like the past i think there the new verison of the Flyer which the T also which was kind of cool back in the day.There is a Train and Bus Museum up in Maine which is very cool .I was up there last summer with my wife it is was like that i died and went to Heaven :cool: it was very cool and i was also a big fan of this one old Fare Box they used and i still remember like it was yesterday.They have a number of old Buses from Phila Septa, Boston MBTA Washington Metro and they have makes of the old GM,Flyer and the Fixible and also a number of old Trains from Ny,Boston, Phila and a few others that you can ride a number of old PCC CARS.Take care and have a great night

Archived