I rode an R32 RFW F Train via Culver Express (BMT Middle Track) Today!

Maserati7200

Now, for those of you who don't know, some (F) trains go express from 18th Avenue to Kings Highway (and sometimes 7th Avenue to Kings Highway) due to train congestion behind. However, this express run is usually a battery run (running express on the local track, which is slower) all the way to Kings Highway. For the (F) train to run on the express track (BMT elevated portion only) it has to be terminating at Kings Highway (some (F) trains do that).

Today, going home I took the (B) from 59th street, and what I would usually do is take that to Newkirk, then transfer to the (Q) and take that to Ave J. But As I arrived at W4 street, I saw a R32 (F) across the platform, I got out of my seat and hopped aboard that R32. This year and freshman year (I'm a sophomore) I've been trying so hard to get a R32 RFW thats running express on the Middle track, but never succeeded. Sometimes I would get a Kings Highway bound R46 (F) train with no speedometer view or RFW running express, sometimes I would get a Kings Highway bound R32 (F) train running local, and sometimes I would get Coney Island bound R32 (F) train running express, which would just do a battery run, which is not as good. So as I boarded the train the conductor said "(F) to Kings Highway" and I was happier, because this means I might actually have a chance to see through the RFW on elevated Culver express track, which i have been trying to for 2 years. Later, at Church avenue, the conductor said "ladies and gentlemen this (F) train will be making express stops, 18th Avenue will be next followed by Kings Highway. Kings Highway bound (F), stand clear of the closing doors." I was so f*%$#^%g happy!!! B):););):cool: Finally! The only thing I was pissed about is that I didn't have my camera :(:(

The RFW was great, and I looked at the speedometer, and we hit 44 MPH! I will probably never be able to see this again because the R32's are gradually leaving Jamaica, the (F) is mostly R46's, and simply luck. It took me two years to actually ride a Kings Highway bound R32 (F) which is running express due to behind congestion.

Mazeltov! You really enjoyed the ride, didn't you.

Newb question of mine, does the (F) run the Culver Exp often? I rarely venture past Jay.

Yes, during rsh hours when there is congestion. But, what I saw was rare because when (F) trains run express its usually on the local track, and if its on the express track, I've always gotten a R46... until today :cool:

Yes, during rsh hours when there is congestion. But, what I saw was rare because when (F) trains run express its usually on the local track, and if its on the express track, I've always gotten a R46... until today :cool:

Yeah since R32s are no longer that common on the line.

A R32 railfan window on the (F) is cool, going on the express track via Culver, that's great, glad you have fun. I bet that (F) was doing a battery run to Kings Highway.

Did you read what I wrote? I specifically said it didn't make a battery run and that it was on the middle track.

Did you read what I wrote? I specifically said it didn't make a battery run and that it was on the middle track.

Sorry, I misread the beginning and fixed the post, but anyways, interesting story. Next time, make sure you have your camera handy.

Archived