Designline Olymbus hybrid spotted

aemoreira81

you guys are lucky! any of you. Have you seen Far Rockaway's roster lately? Im happy for La Guardia getting NGs since i do often ride the Q53. The last new buses we got down here were 3575-3600 i beleive. non-NGs. we've got RTS 8000's here too. end rant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that the NG's are coming to MJQ but I don't want any hand me downs. I would like to see factory fresh buses at MJQ. Besides, MJQ ALWAYS get's shafted when it comes to getting new(used) buses. I feel MJQ is being disrespected when it comes to that.

Agreed. The early 3800s have been battered and bruised already, and Manhattanville has messed up with some of them already, some with their rear LEDs not working...

I'm glad someone here feels the same way. Remember when those 5xxx series RTS buses that MJQ got from MV in 2005? The condition of those buses was horrible.

I understand how you feel, but look at it this way: MJQ sill has NG even though not the ones you want. Sometimes we can't always get what we want.

what do you want to do about with Gun Hill Depot

and west Farms depot. those 2 depot are carrying 1993

orion5 #100 - #200. first of all #100 - #200 need to be replaced.

now Gun Hill depot is retirng 1993 orion5 #100 - #200 series.

look at West Farms depot ( they might be short of bus

and they might still keep #100 - #200 and put them into

service.) but West Farms need new bus that will able to

replace 1993 orion5 #100 - #200 that there are putting

into service. why does West Farms need to get older equipment

i meant 1993 model like if (6) line got R142 so they will able to replace

R33. now the (6) might give up there R142 and send them to

(7). so (6) will get older equipment. BOOO!

West Farms Depot need new bus to replace 1993 orion5 that now 16 years old.

will West Farms Depot get back 1997 RTS nova bus #9400

series back to the bronx. that had run on Gun Hill depot.

welcome back home #9400 series in the bronx.

but it will be better if the recieve #5000 series go to

West Farms depot that will come from Ulmer Park depot and Ulmer Park depot recieve new orion7NG

#100 - #200 series need to be retire from west farms depot

will West Farms Depot get back 1997 RTS nova bus #9400

series back to the bronx. that had run on Gun Hill depot.

welcome back home #9400 series in the bronx.

but it will be better if the recieve #5000 series go to

West Farms depot that will come from Ulmer Park depot and Ulmer Park depot recieve new orion7NG

#100 - #200 series need to be retire from west farms depot

No. There are no plans to put #5000 series in the bronx. It may happen, but not anytime soon.

• 4 weeks later...

To return to the original topic, I saw the DesignLine bus heading westbound on Fordham Road in the Bronx near Fordham Plaza last week, with MTA New York City Bus logos and decals applied (still no numbering though.) The makeshift covering on the driver's side windows was removed and the bus looked very nice.

hey guys,

from what i hear, all the new hybrids that we have in SI are being replaced due to battery packs...something with servicing them? i herd these new hybrids are probably coming to SI because of that reason.

They are planning on making S.I an entirely new bus/battery pack borough, shifting the Lead Acid batteries to Manhattan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

To return to the original topic, I saw the DesignLine bus heading westbound on Fordham Road in the Bronx near Fordham Plaza last week, with MTA New York City Bus logos and decals applied (still no numbering though.) The makeshift covering on the driver's side windows was removed and the bus looked very nice.

Hmm I'm wondering if these will be running in the Bronx. The bus has yet to be seen in another borough.

its what i herd from a mechanic, it can be a rumor.

The only thing happening is that the older buses with lead-acid battery packs are being shifted out to other boroughs (Manhattan) and being replaced in SI with buses with Lithium Ion battery packs. It is due to mileage but I don't know the specifics. Hope I helped.

does all staten Island bus depot have to reiceve new bus.?

It look like (that i think) staten island had enough with

1999 - 2000 orion5 #6100 - #6200 series. ( high floor bus.)

it look like they just want to (displaced them). and send which depot need #6100 - #6200 they just want have low floor bus. not high floor bus

that have step? which depot will reiecve #6100 - #6200 series go to.?

Is it enough that Staten island had enough reieceving new orion7NG

new bus .

does all staten Island bus depot have to reiceve new bus.?

It look like (that i think) staten island had enough with

1999 - 2000 orion5 #6100 - #6200 series. ( high floor bus.)

it look like they just want to (displaced them). and send which depot need #6100 - #6200 they just want have low floor bus. not high floor bus

that have step? which depot will reiecve #6100 - #6200 series go to.?

Is it enough that Staten island had enough reieceving new orion7NG

new bus .

There is a reason why there is something called Spaces. Stop making new columns to type in.

Casey Stengel, Kingsbridge & Gun Hill will be the recipients for the displaced Orion Vs, West Farms receiving some RTSs & Gun Hill displaying their Vs back to Casey Stengel

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Hmm I'm wondering if these will be running in the Bronx. The bus has yet to be seen in another borough.

The original plan was for 30 buses to MJQ for a 30 day test, if succeeded, 30 buses to The Bronx, my bet would be Kingsbridge

Archived