BOSS exam today: Do I need CDL permit?

FutureBusman

My question is my list number was in the 5 hundreds and my Boss Survey Exam is TODAY at 1:30. Would i be Disqualified for taking this exam since i don't have my class B CDL permit?

Neh, you good to go, you will need it for the next step of the process

Did anyone in here take the BOSS Exam today? When i took it today it was a diverse crowd. Young(like myself), old and I noticed a lot of women. Can you actually fail the BOSS? What is the rating system for it? When signing the sign in sheet i noticed some people list numbers were as low in the 2 hundreds. In any case i need to get my CDL permit asap.Good luck to anyone else who got called.

you dont need your permit for the boss but i remember they ask for your drivers license# so it is a good thing to have i am positive they will check to see who has it but i know for sure in the second phase when or if you get called for the medical if you dont have your permit your history they gave everyone enough time to obtain the permit or license hope this helps:confused:

you dont need your permit for the boss but i remember they ask for your drivers license# so it is a good thing to have i am positive they will check to see who has it but i know for sure in the second phase when or if you get called for the medical if you dont have your permit your history they gave everyone enough time to obtain the permit or license hope this helps:confused:

Thanks for answering my question seal. Some people(like us)are more serious about this than others,it is only fair that they would get taken off the list. See you on Tuesday,but most likely I will not get there until 10:00am at the very latest.

Did anyone in here take the BOSS Exam today? When i took it today it was a diverse crowd. Young(like myself), old and I noticed a lot of women. Can you actually fail the BOSS? What is the rating system for it? When signing the sign in sheet i noticed some people list numbers were as low in the 2 hundreds. In any case i need to get my CDL permit asap.Good luck to anyone else who got called.

TRUST ME! you're not only getting the permit. you do want to get your CDL BEFORE the training. you do need some exp to pass the training. no joke. they won't give you the job if they think you can't handle the bus

I took it last week. Just a mental test to see if you are going to go off on the public.

If you've haven't driven a truck before like me, read the CDL manual , get the permit and start thinking like a bus\truck driver.

Does anyone know if a physical is needed for the CDL permit?

Tony

I took it last week. Just a mental test to see if you are going to go off on the public.

If you've haven't driven a truck before like me, read the CDL manual , get the permit and start thinking like a bus\truck driver.

Does anyone know if a physical is needed for the CDL permit?

Tony

No physical is needed to get your CDL Permit. How a person behaves on a message board is totally different from real life,in a working situation.

The public will go off on us future B/O's,no doubt about it. I say bring it on!:tup:

No physical is needed to get your CDL Permit.

He can take the test but they wont give it to him until he take the physical.

that 49 has to clear first. ( thats how they did it when I was going for my CDL permit. ) Maybe they changed it. I took it 2 yrs & 8 ago.

How a person behaves on a message board is totally different from real life,in a working situation.

The public will go off on us future B/O's,no doubt about it. I say bring it on!:tup:

Locomotion69 you are to funny.:P

No physical is needed to get your CDL Permit. How a person behaves on a message board is totally different from real life,in a working situation.

lol, loco I passed my roadtest today...it was a peace of cake I took it in the bronx and the funny thing is the roadtest site is right down the block from MTA Zereaga Depot. I've seen two mta probies take their road test. The roadtest was Easy I Highly recomend Academy driving School in Bushwick. I was over prepared for the test,If you can drive and make tight turns in Bushwick this test will be very easy. I wouldve got a perfect score but some dummy cut me off on a turn.

1Day, did you curse him out like they ask on the Boss test? :P

Congrats!!

Thanks lovely,FDBguy I really wanted to put the bus in nuetral and put on the parking break and open up the side door and spit on their window but I didnt think the inspector would give me a license if I did (lol).

lol, loco I passed my roadtest today...it was a peace of cake I took it in the bronx and the funny thing is the roadtest site is right down the block from MTA Zereaga Depot. I've seen two mta probies take their road test. The roadtest was Easy I Highly recomend Academy driving School in Bushwick. I was over prepared for the test,If you can drive and make tight turns in Bushwick this test will be very easy. I wouldve got a perfect score but some dummy cut me off on a turn.

Congratulations! :tup: Looks like you're on your way soon. :cool:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Thanks lovely,FDBguy I really wanted to put the bus in nuetral and put on the parking break and open up the side door and spit on their window but I didnt think the inspector would give me a license if I did (lol).

1day I thought you were calling me lovely fdbguy there for a minute...we would've had to draw the line there lmao

That spit on the window might have been worth it- we'll save that for real non the job training!!

Congrats 1daysoonB/O!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels good doesn't it? Remember the very first day that you stepped onto the bus,you were scared,nervous right? look at you now,everything is difficult before it becomes easy.

I know neither one of us drove into Manhattan where it is a totally different driving experience,but in time we will qualify,all of us who post on here will get on board!....you can bet the house on it!:tup::tup:

Congrats 1daysoonB/O!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels good doesn't it? Remember the very first day that you stepped onto the bus,you were scared,nervous right? look at you now,everything is difficult before it becomes easy.

I know neither one of us drove into Manhattan where it is a totally different driving experience,but in time we will qualify,all of us who post on here will get on board!....you can bet the house on it!:tup::tup:

I hope so....I was looking at one of the other post and I am nervous about the 19a form investigation for your DMV records for the past 10 years. When I was younger I was real reckless and nonchalant about getting tickets. My dmv abstract as of today is clean but if they go back 8 years I might have a problem......(1)speeding,1(stop sign) and a suspension for not turning in my plates. (didnt know you had too)

I hope so....I was looking at one of the other post and I am nervous about the 19a form investigation for your DMV records for the past 10 years. When I was younger I was real reckless and nonchalant about getting tickets. My dmv abstract as of today is clean but if they go back 8 years I might have a problem......(1)speeding,1(stop sign) and a suspension for not turning in my plates. (didnt know you had too)

I just looked over that 19a form online,they ask you for your last 10 yrs of driving history. I did read that the biggest reason people get disqualified is because of an incomplete physical. This 19a form also asks you about your employment,criminal history.

My only ticket within the last 10 yrs was making a left turn when I wasn't allowed to(disobeying traffic sign). I believe that is 2 points off your license.

I don't believe you need to have a squeaky clean drivers license..this is from the notice of examination(DCAS)

"Driver License Requirements: You must possess a motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York

for at least three years immediately prior to the date you are appointed to this position. If you have serious

moving violations, license suspension or an accident record, you may be disqualified."

one thing i wil say, taking ur cdl test before ur hired is great, but u still need to have the training, turing a rts or orion is totally different from a school bus, i was in a class where a school bus driver was sent for extra training cause they couldnt grasp it...10yrs on the job at atlantic express..

one thing i wil say, taking ur cdl test before ur hired is great, but u still need to have the training, turing a rts or orion is totally different from a school bus, i was in a class where a school bus driver was sent for extra training cause they couldnt grasp it...10yrs on the job at atlantic express..

Thanks for helping us hopefully future B/0's out. Tell Chris that I have a place where he can take his scanner to get the bus frequencies programmed.

Yes,we have heard about truck and school bus drivers not qualifying. I have been searching for somebody out there who owns an old but running RTS bus,most likely somebody out of new york state. I would pay that person just to sit inside the bus,practice the pre trip,air brake tests,even practice making turns using traffic cones. Of course while the owner of the bus is on board with me and in a very quiet rural area.

I have looked at websites where they sell used transit buses. Just having the bus transported to your home 1,000+miles away isn't worth it,let alone the insurance,maintenance,parking lot expenses,etc.

Take a part time job with Academy Bus Co or Gray Line, both in Hoboken, NJ and accessible by bus from Manhattan.

Academy runs RTS's at Newark Airport and Gray Line runs RTS's and Orions on their NYU shuttle.

Worth a try

I heard that alot. The only thing Im taking away from driving school is the importance of setting and using your mirrors. Alot of people that been driving for years have a crap load of bad habits that is difficult for them to break.

Archived