Bee Line W-12 W-15 W-14, W-16 Upper Westchester-Peekskill area bus thread

Has anyone rail or bus fanned on the Upper Westchester Buses ie W-12 W-13, W-14, W-16 or the rush hour express Bee Line buses the W-17 or the W-77?

Feel free to discuss the likes and dislikes of taking these Peekskill-Putnam County Border area Bus lines.

One great thing of taking these lines especially in nice weather or the summer is great views of the Hudson River and lower Hudson River Valley especially parts of Bear Mountain.

I am not saying this area desreves 10-minute headways but i always wonder why the W-14 has 1-2 hour headways at almost all trips between Corlandt Town Center near Peekskill and White Plains? Ditto for the crosstown W-16 between Peekskill and Baldwin Place/Jefferson Valley.

IMO at least weekdays till 8pm, the #14 should have 1/2 hour service between Croton-Harmon station and White Plains. Ditto for the entire #16 line Monday-Saturdays until around 8pm.

Lastly for now, there is a need for a 730pm northbound express bus from White Plains-Peekskill area. Feel free to comment thanks.

:)

• 2 months later...

Has anyone rail or bus fanned on the Upper Westchester Buses ie W-12 W-13, W-14, W-16 or the rush hour express Bee Line buses the W-17 or the W-77?

Feel free to discuss the likes and dislikes of taking these Peekskill-Putnam County Border area Bus lines.

One great thing of taking these lines especially in nice weather or the summer is great views of the Hudson River and lower Hudson River Valley especially parts of Bear Mountain.

I am not saying this area desreves 10-minute headways but i always wonder why the W-14 has 1-2 hour headways at almost all trips between Corlandt Town Center near Peekskill and White Plains? Ditto for the crosstown W-16 between Peekskill and Baldwin Place/Jefferson Valley.

IMO at least weekdays till 8pm, the #14 should have 1/2 hour service between Croton-Harmon station and White Plains. Ditto for the entire #16 line Monday-Saturdays until around 8pm.

Lastly for now, there is a need for a 730pm northbound express bus from White Plains-Peekskill area. Feel free to comment thanks.

:D

replies?

I contemplated taking the 16 because it runs in the vicinity of my aunt's house and I've yet to fan a Beeline route. But the fact only 4 of the runs stop near her house and the fact that I can't see me perfectly timing leaving my house in Queens, a q46 ride, an (E)/(6) ride and an MNRR ride to get one of those above mentions runs occuring, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

I've also never seen a decent load on the 16, it generally runs the smaller O5s and even those are empty so idk if it warrants 30 min headways. Most people up that way have at least 1 car.

I contemplated taking the 16 because it runs in the vicinity of my aunt's house and I've yet to fan a Beeline route. But the fact only 4 of the runs stop near her house and the fact that I can't see me perfectly timing leaving my house in Queens, a q46 ride, an (E)/(6) ride and an MNRR ride to get one of those above mentions runs occuring, I don't see this happening anytime soon.

I've also never seen a decent load on the 16, it generally runs the smaller O5s and even those are empty so idk if it warrants 30 min headways. Most people up that way have at least 1 car.

Actually Q43 the #16 only runs 30-minute headways during the rush hours. Its usually every hour and every 2-hours on Sundays. The #16 only gets SRO crowded on occasion during school hours and Friday/Saturday evenings when the Jefferson Valley and Corlandt Town Center(WAL-MART)are closing between 9-10pm. And Q43 while it maybe true most people in Northern Westchester have a car, there also hunderds of others in City of Peekskill(northern westchester poorest town) who are poor and donthave a car or cant afford to take Metro North or a cab all the time either.

I mistype and meant to say that the #13/14 between Ossising and White Plains needs more service and that also 1 extra express bus leaving White Plains around 630pm weekdays only is also needed.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been on the 12,14 and 16 before and of the 3 I like the ride on the 12 the most.It's scenic and a overall nice ride.(1)(A)(C)

The #14 is also a nice ride mainly between Croton Harmon and Peekskill w/ pretty views of the Hudson River via Route 9.

#12 is also nice between IMO the Purchse area at SUNY and Mt. Kisco.

The #14 is also a nice ride mainly between Croton Harmon and Peekskill w/ pretty views of the Hudson River via Route 9.

#12 is also nice between IMO the Purchse area at SUNY and Mt. Kisco.

I think the 14 is a nice ride b/w Ossining & (just as it enters) Peekskill, including when it encircles the VA hospital (just west of MNRR Cortlandt), and when it goes around the body of water that separates buchanan from verplank/verplanck....

I like the 12's run in the airport, and points north of it... the 12 is at its slowest b/w White plains & the Airport (the short turn of the route, so to speak)...

The 15 is also a nice run (if you can catch it)... esp. b/w MNRR Pleasantville & Cortlandt town ctr.... I like the 15 a little better than the 12 b/c it (the 12) has to slow down a bit traveling through the residential sts. in yorktown hgts... all of the 3 aforementioned routes are real scenic though....

To me, the 16 is slow (and not scenic at all... lol)... much to my dismay, each time it was crowded... and yes, they do use the smaller buses on that route... I don't think it should get service every 30 minutes, but (if at all possible), use the regular size buses on that route.... what I will do one day is ride the full route, now that it got extended to the mahopac vill. shopping area....

Has anyone busfanned on the Upper Westchester Buses ie W-12 W-13, W-14, W-16 or the rush hour express Bee Line buses the W-17 or the W-77?

See above post...

...and I rode the 77 once, a couple yrs back... although I did like the ride on the Taconic, I took it all the way to Carmel.. big mistake on my part (didn't know as much about upper westchester, and points north then, as I do now)... The minute I stepped off the bus, I was like oh ****, how am I gettin back home (as Carmel isn't in westchester county)..... man, I must have lost 5 pounds (and was a sweaty mess) making that walk from Carmel bowl to MNRR Brewster - (I had to ask someone what's the nearest RR station around here, and what direction was it in... guy said brewster, offered to drive me there, I said, nah, I'll just walk & told him thanks... I admit it's my own fault; very poor planning on my part back then.... talk about feeling like a fish out of water)... but once I got to main st in Brewster, the "panic" went right out the window, as I fanned out to Southeast before....

The 17 I never been on...

The 11 I been on once; ride was ok, but we got to Croton-Harmon too quick... lol...

FYI. In June 2009 schedule changes the #14 had some minor service cuts. 1)The last couple of trips in both directions 7 days a week no longer stop at the Montrose VA Hosptial in Corlandt 2)the last couple of Nortbound #14 trips ie 745pm & 845pm Saturdays and Sundays 645pm end at the Ossising train station.

3)A driver on the #14 rcently has told me & other riders that rumors are flying that the 1015pm WP-Peekskill trip would be shortned to end at Ossising.

Personally some thoughts. 1)IMO short trip #14's should end/start at Croton-Harmon station. Also the last #77 Northbound bus heading for JV/Carmel should also stop at Corlandt Town Center to give Peekskill area riders a faster ride. 3)The #14 Northbound between WP and Ossising often gets standing room riders(not crushloaded but few riders standing)on the 845pm and last bus weekdays at 1015pm. IMO Bee Line managers should add a final 830pm #13 leaving WP-Ossising and move back the #14 weekdays to leave at 9pm from White Plains.

Reactions espcially from B-35 via Church?

Archived