(M) via 4 Av Express

Luis1985

i was at the Atlantic Av-Pacific St station and i saw this sign up:

"(M) RUSH HOUR

Coney Island-bound trains run express from Pacific to 36 Sts.

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

• For service to Union, 9 Sts, Prospect Av, and 25 St, take the (R) instead. "

:confused: why are they doing this? they didnt give enough information at station platforms. (if someone already posted this, im sorry, but i just needed to know why is the (MTA) doing this service change.)

Coney Island bound?? You mean Bensonhurst/Bay Pkwy bound.

and that is very strange that there doing that,especially during Rush Hour. maybe they wanna see how the (M) does going express?

that's for a GO.

true but maybe it's for a reason to do that. :)

If you looked at the Service Alerts during rush hour for the past few days, it said that there was a switch problem at 36th St or something like that forcing (M) trains on the express. I'm assuming that the local switch at 36th St doesn't want to go to West End for some reason. All (D) trains are also express in Brooklyn southbound until further notice as well, even during the late nights. It's an emergency G.O.

Let me add that this is the precise reason why the (M) should have a via West End reading. Whether or not the train runs express or local on 4th Av determines what the (N) displays for Sea Beach (but usually, because it gets replaced by 'via Whitehall,' 'Sea Beach Lcl' hardly ever gets displayed. But now that its route in southern Brooklyn has changed, it should really reflect that especially since it has the space since it currently only displays 'Nassau St. Local' as a trunk destination.

Coney Island bound?? You mean Bensonhurst/Bay Pkwy bound.

and that is very strange that there doing that,especially during Rush Hour. maybe they wanna see how the (M) does going express?

didnt the (M) once run express on 4th ave in the earlier days afer they switched it from brighton when it terminated at 9 ave?

didnt the (M) once run express on 4th ave in the earlier days afer they switched it from brighton when it terminated at 9 ave?

Yes sir. In the early early 90s, the (N) & (R) was the primary 4 Av Locals, while the (:) & (M) were the 4 Av Expresses. And R62A, your probably right because yesterday, all day, the Service Alert was up on the TA site stating this G.O., and the only possibility that came to mind, was the Switch just south of 36 St, that merges with the West End track.. Didn't they re-do these switches back in August-November of 2006, when they sent all (M) Trains to / from the Kings Highway (N) Station, rush hours? Anybody remember that few-month long G.O. where the (D) ran the West End alone, and the (N) actually had a back up, with re-routed (M) Trains between Sunset Park-36 St/4 Av and Kings Highway-Sea Beach via 4 Av / Sea Beach Local. I wonder whats up with the switch...

Archived