G Heads To Church Starting July 5th

Sea Beach

I wouldn't count on this happening anytime soon. The schedules that we just picked on say nothing about going to Church Av.

The (G) line might get its own pick, or they might delay the pick.

What if the (G) is 600 feet long? It should be sufficient.

The (G) doesn't go to Manhattan. That's where most riders want to go.

Sweet! That 4Av/9 St Transfer is going to help so much... I hope the (G) sticks with its 46s, and leaves the 68/68A's for the (:)(N)(Q)&(W).

it cannot. i think even with the bailout plan, the (MTA) is still planning to discontinue all (G) service to Queens Boulevard, so that means it will no longer have access to the Jamaica Yard and must use the Coney Island one. Therefore, no more R46s on that line and you will see either R68s or R160s (most likely the former) instead. the (N)(W) are already fully R160s with the exception of a few rush hour or emergency put-ups and my guess is the (G) is taking any R68/68As remaining on the (Q) so it can become exclusively R160s as well. Do not worry, you can still get your chubby cars on the (:). It and the (D) are going to continue to use those cars for sometime unless my prediction of R68/68As going to Pitkin once the R179s arrive come true. i am not going any further, though.

I wouldn't count on this happening anytime soon. The schedules that we just picked on say nothing about going to Church Av.

(MTA) does whatever the (MTA) wants. If they wanted, they can run GOs to extend service, for the new selection but I can't imagine them doing 6 months on supplements, especially if the service goes to 71st/Ctl. That would be one LONG haul OPTO run.. They also could just cancel the pick..

That being said, if the line terminated at Court Square all the time, I welcome the added stops. The riders in Brooklyn definitely will benefit, plus we pick up more people at Woodhaven & get delayed now, then all those stops combined.

(MTA) does whatever the (MTA) wants. If they wanted, they can run GOs to extend service, for the new selection but I can't imagine them doing 6 months on supplements, especially if the service goes to 71st/Ctl. That would be one LONG haul OPTO run.. They also could just cancel the pick..

That being said, if the line terminated at Court Square all the time, I welcome the added stops. The riders in Brooklyn definitely will benefit, plus we pick up more people at Woodhaven & get delayed now, then all those stops combined.

Like you said, the MTA does what it wants. So I can certainly see 6 months worth of supplements.

Ditmars Avenue makes much more sense as the terminal especially if the V would run in Brooklyn after the reconstruction. Also, the G would most likely get the 200 R68As on its move to CI yard. Once July 5th hits, the W would be gone leaving enough R160Bs to make the Q entirely R160. The B, D, and S would most likely share the R68s, each line with a sufficient amount of trains.

Flushingexpress, the first R179s would go on the F to kick off its remaining 208 R46s to the A and retire the R44s.

Its good that the (G) is being extended to Church Avenue. I'm guessing it will use the R68 cars from the (Q), which will be 100 % R160. I'm suppose that since the (W) has been saved until 2010, some R68 will remain on the (Q)?

hey> Havent been here for a while. This is an interesting discussion. Heres my 2 cents:

I dont expect the (G) to permenantly terminate at Church ave after the project. as far as full, length (G) trains, i remember when it ran 6 R46 cars per consist. it was shortened to 4 to provide cars for (V) trains. The R46s running on the (F) are being replaced by 160 and the 46s moved to the (A)(about 2 or 3 sets are currently running on the (A)). Itll be cool to see 68s on the (G). But as always thats up to the (MTA)

Side note: 8 R44/46/68/68As=600ft (75ft per car)

10 R32/40/42/160= 605ft (60ft 6in per car)

Its good that the (G) is being extended to Church Avenue. I'm guessing it will use the R68 cars from the (Q), which will be 100 % R160. I'm suppose that since the (W) has been saved until 2010, some R68 will remain on the (Q)?

Slow down a bit. The (G) will be extended to Church, for sure. However, that does not mean, for sure, that the (G) will be transferred over to CIY. That is another story. We heard many rumours about it, but the thing is, we have no official word. But when it is permanently transferred to CIY, it will most likely use R68/As. However R160s could be used, for they are suited for OPTO.

Its great that the (G) is being extended, but wouldnt it also be apart of Jamaica besides CI, seeing that it goes to 71st Ave?

As for the (V) lets leave it alone. The (MTA) cant start spending money on something thats not worth doing. Like do you think Church or even Ave X/CI yds would cover the (V) ? Packed! Church will be too for the (G).. Lets keep the (V) at 2nd Ave where it belongs~!

TTTTHHAAAAANNNKKK YYYOOOOUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tup::tup::):):):):)

sorry to say that will not happen. the (B)(D)(G)(S) will be the only lines using the R68/68As by summer 2010. perhaps the (A)(C) may as well if my prediction of R68/68As go to Piktin come true. personally, they would look great on those two lines, but i will stop here.

Its great that the (G) is being extended, but wouldnt it also be apart of Jamaica besides CI, seeing that it goes to 71st Ave?

As for the (V) lets leave it alone. The (MTA) cant start spending money on something thats not worth doing. Like do you think Church or even Ave X/CI yds would cover the (V) ? Packed! Church will be too for the (G).. Lets keep the (V) at 2nd Ave where it belongs~!

the (G) is currently maintained at Jamaica, but once it terminates at Court Square at all times at the end of this year, it will no longer have access to that yard. therefore, it will relinquish its R46s and use R68/68As instead, which i think is perfect for the (G).

sorry to say that will not happen. the (:)(D)(G)(S) will be the only lines using the R68/68As by summer 2010. perhaps the (A)(C) may as well if my prediction of R68/68As go to Piktin come true. personally, they would look great on those two lines, but i will stop here.

the (G) is currently maintained at Jamaica, but once it terminates at Court Square at all times at the end of this year, it will no longer have access to that yard. therefore, it will relinquish its R46s and use R68/68As instead, which i think is perfect for the (G).

Flushing are you sure the (G) will 'terminate' at Court Sq at all times starting in December even on weekends? I thought the bailout stopped almost all of the subway/bus doomesday cuts.

sorry to say that will not happen. the (:)(D)(G)(S) will be the only lines using the R68/68As by summer 2010. perhaps the (A)(C) may as well if my prediction of R68/68As go to Piktin come true. personally, they would look great on those two lines, but i will stop here.

Where have you been dude? The Ballot was canceled cause albany is finally giving aid to the (MTA) (like a week or 2). So the (G) is going to 71st street. So right now we dunno if it will transfer to CI or stick with Jamaica. Its up to the T/A , not us.. And i like the R46 on the (G), hope it stays where it belongs..

Its not a yard at Church Ave. Instead there turnaround/crossover tracks between Church Ave and Ditmas Ave stations similar to the Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall (6) or the 179th St/Jamaica (F) stations.

It is a "yard", There are 4 lay-up tracks that can each hold 1 600' train and the track lay out allows local trains to relay down there.

Where have you been dude? The Ballot was canceled cause albany is finally giving aid to the (MTA) (like a week or 2). So the (G) is going to 71st street. So right now we dunno if it will transfer to CI or stick with Jamaica. Its up to the T/A , not us.. And i like the R46 on the (G), hope it stays where it belongs..

I'm going to throw the same question to you. Where have you been dude?

Since the past 2 years, how many instances has the (G) gone past Court Square? For most of the year, during weekends and nights, it only ran there on PAPER. In reality it still terminated at Court Square, regardless of the bailout or cuts. You buy that GO? The one that said (G) trains are no running past Court Square because of construction work? No, I don't think so. Even if they bail the MTA out, do you think the MTA would consider re-extending the line to its rightful terminal?

I'm going to throw the same question to you. Where have you been dude?

Since the past 2 years, how many instances has the (G) gone past Court Square? For most of the year, during weekends and nights, it only ran there on PAPER. In reality it still terminated at Court Square, regardless of the bailout or cuts. You buy that GO? The one that said (G) trains are no running past Court Square because of construction work? No, I don't think so. Even if they bail the MTA out, do you think the MTA would consider re-extending the line to its rightful terminal?

Well how long will the G/Os on the Qns Blvd line go on. Besidez the (G) the (C) is also in a bit of a problem... Especially with the Jay Street issues, and track work i think at 23rd/Spring

Well how long will the G/Os on the Qns Blvd line go on. Besidez the (G) the (C) is also in a bit of a problem... Especially with the Jay Street issues, and track work i think at 23rd/Spring

Those "G.Os" are excuses. Even if the (G) goes back to Forest Hills like it is supposed to, it will get chopped off again around 2011. (C) is another story though. If you have the (C) running during the construction times, where would you turn it?

Archived