G Heads To Church Starting July 5th

Sea Beach

Well how long will the G/Os on the Qns Blvd line go on. Besidez the (G) the (C) is also in a bit of a problem... Especially with the Jay Street issues, and track work i think at 23rd/Spring

Flushing are you sure the (G) will 'terminate' at Court Sq at all times starting in December even on weekends? I thought the bailout stopped almost all of the subway/bus doomesday cuts.

Where have you been dude? The Ballot was canceled cause albany is finally giving aid to the (MTA) (like a week or 2). So the (G) is going to 71st street. So right now we dunno if it will transfer to CI or stick with Jamaica. Its up to the T/A , not us.. And i like the R46 on the (G), hope it stays where it belongs..

your lack of common sense makes me laugh. just because a bailout plan was passed does not mean we are safe from service cuts and fare hikes. they will happen, just not as severe as originally planned. cutting the (G) from Queens Boulevard has been on the books since 2001 and believe me, it will be approved. the "G.O." is just a stupid excuse to use to make us think that the (MTA) is doing something to improve that line, but it would definitely not take more than two years to make "electrical improvements." if you like the R46s on the (G), you better enjoy them while you can because they will be going to the (A)(C) soon. once it gets extended to Church Avenue, it will be closer to Coney Island than Jamaica and trains can easily use the Culver express track to get/to from the yard, so it makes sense to transfer assignment to there.

your lack of common sense makes me laugh. just because a bailout plan was passed does not mean we are safe from service cuts and fare hikes. they will happen, just not as severe as originally planned. cutting the (G) from Queens Boulevard has been on the books since 2001 and believe me, it will be approved. the "G.O." is just a stupid excuse to use to make us think that the (MTA) is doing something to improve that line, but it would definitely not take more than two years to make "electrical improvements." if you like the R46s on the (G), you better enjoy them while you can because they will be going to the (A)(C) soon. once it gets extended to Church Avenue, it will be closer to Coney Island than Jamaica and trains can easily use the Culver express track to get/to from the yard, so it makes sense to transfer assignment to there.

The whole point of this bailout was to cancel the service cuts planned. The only thing that's happening in 2009 is that a few people are being laid off by attrition. We won't see any more service cuts until 2011.

I am a regular (G) train rider and that I'm happy that the (G) train is extended to Church Ave. I am going to miss the R46's on the (G). I don't mind seeing an R160 (G) train but don't like the R68 and R68A's from the (Q) since it's in bad condition in my opinion. If you want to catch a ride of the R46 (G) train you may have until July 5th to catch one.

I am a regular (G) train rider and that I'm happy that the (G) train is extended to Church Ave. I am going to miss the R46's on the (G). I don't mind seeing an R160 (G) train but don't like the R68 and R68A's from the (Q) since it's in bad condition in my opinion. If you want to catch a ride of the R46 (G) train you may have until July 5th to catch one.

I will cry the day I see R68s on the (G)

They do not belong there

I will cry the day I see R68s on the (G)

They do not belong there

Who knows, the T/A might make a dumb move and throw everything off by putting R160s on the G. On the bright side, 200 R68As would enable full length G trains!

Nothing has been confirmed, don't jump the gun there buddy ;)

I'll like to throw in my twopence.

-First of all, I'm eyeing this extension as a "mere extension". It is going to be extended to facilitate rehab work. Simple.

-Being permantly extended is a different story, IMO.

-We only heard official word on the extension, not yard switches.

-Although R68As makes sense upon a probable yard transfer, R160s are more likely due to OPTO.

-Full lengthing (G) to 8 cars will be unlikely in this extension. Just several stops, not really a need to add 4 more cars to each train. If they do, nice. But the whole point of the thing is construction.

As MTR correctly points out, this is required due to the reconstruction of the Gowanus Viaduct. The MTA has no real choice here. Smith 9th St will be unusable as a terminal for a certain amount of time.

Considering the fact that this has been a planned service improvement for some time, I highly doubt that the MTA will cut the G back to smith 9 after this is finished, even though there are current budgetary issues.

Who knows, the T/A might make a dumb move and throw everything off by putting R160s on the G. On the bright side, 200 R68As would enable full length G trains!

Well actually, if the (G) is going to run between Court Sq and Church Avenue, would it really need full length trains? Just pondering.

Plus R160s are better suited for OPTO.

Nice! hopefully the (F) will run express

doesnt look like it at least for now, based on what im reading theyre gonna take out the express tracks and replace the switches and all at 4th ave-9th st where the (G) relayed, hopefully after the construction is done and its succesfull transition they'll then make the (F) express

Does anyone know if they are going to refurbish Lower Level Bergen St and the signal equipment that was burned out years back?

The equpiment has been replaced, with the new machine at Jay St.

When all the work is finished, if express service on the (F) is ever restored, they would send out the (V) to provide the local service along with the (G), so the lower level would not be needed (unless there was really some high demand for service there, which there probably isn't).

• 3 weeks later...
Since the past 2 years, how many instances has the (G) gone past Court Square? For most of the year, during weekends and nights, it only ran there on PAPER.

I might be lucky (and in this case, I think it is just luck) but I've caught the (G) going to Forest Hills/71st plenty of times on late nights, which was perfect for me, eliminating the Court Square transfer to a late night (E) that made all the local stops anyway. I'm glad to see an extension of this train in Brooklyn, but I hope we still somehow have late night (G) service out to Forest Hills.

That said, we all know you have to be psychic to tell when the (G) train is even coming.

R32s were great on the (G)!:tup::cool:

ive ridden an R32 on the (G) a few times. its alright. im so used to riding R46's on the (G) tho, lol. but yea, i love my R68/R68A's, but i dont think theyre good for the (G). eventually on weekends, the (G) will have G.O.'s and either service gets split in 2 sections, or have the (G) terminate at some point and from there take a shuttle bus, im not wit that.

keep R68/R68A's on the (:((D)(Q), and keep R46's on the (G) until new cars come in. if i see R160's on the (G), thats fine. but no R68/R68A's on the (G) unless they really need an extra train to be used on the line.

Archived