G Heads To Church Starting July 5th

Sea Beach

What about express service between Church Av and Kings Hwy?

If it did exist, it would be a rush-hour peak-direction-only service a-la the <7>. I wouldn't count on it being added anytime soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

this is true. the (G) is going to Church Av because i took the (F) at Smith-9 Sts yeaterday and as i was walking to the platform the sign said:

Manhattan & Queens (F)(G) l (F)(G) Church Av & Coney Island.

He wasn't saying "if" to the fact that the (G) will be going to Church Avenue but rather that the R68 will go on the (G).

Don't know why people think the (G) will be moved to Coney Island. Church Avenue is too far from the Coney Island yards to be used as it's source for trains.

The G was originally planned to be cut back to Court Sq. (which it essentially is already), so it would be closer to CI than Jamaica. Transferring it would also put less strain on Jamaica.

someone please tell me they arent gonna put R68's on the (G)

i cannot say they will nor can i say they will not, but it would definitely be an improvement if it did.

I hope we don't see 68s/68A's on the (G)..:tdown:

explain why you hate having R68/68As on the G? it will not kill you to have them on that line. if you must, then avoid that line. R68/68As will still remain on the (;) for your benefit, but i hope the (G) takes the (Q)'s R68/68As so it can be fully R160s. having noting but R68/68As on the Brighton Line is boring even though i like those cars.

Don't know why people think the (G) will be moved to Coney Island. Church Avenue is too far from the Coney Island yards to be used as it's source for trains.

Church Avenue is closer to Coney Island than Court Square is to Jamaica. look at the (W). it terminates at whitehall street in manhattan and yet, is maintained at coney island.

Church Avenue is closer to Coney Island than Court Square is to Jamaica. look at the (W). it terminates at Whitehall street in Manhattan and yet, is maintained at coney island.

That because CI is the only BMT yard other then East New York. Also it is where the cars that are assigned to the (W) are shopped. The (G) uses R46 cars which are assigned to Jamaica Yard. I think that the (G) will stay R46 for the time being, but remember this is the TA and anything can happen. I don't know why people on here try to guess what the TA will do. This that they them selfs plan change and change often.

Archived