I spotted an RTS running on the Q44!

bknightshadow45

Today I went to Jamaica and I spotted a RTS on the Q44. The bus is numbered 8927 and it came from the Jamaica Depot. I saw the bus at Archer Av and Parsons Blvd going towards Merrick Blvd. Also I spotted a Q44 bus from the Kingbridge Depot and the bus was an Orion number 6045. After taking a walk along Jamaica Av and Archer Av, I decided to take the Q113 LTD to Far Rockway to catch the A train. I caught an RTS numbered 8506. It was a good bus ride until someone decided not to pay for the bus and the bus driver stopped the bus and threaten to call the police. Eventually the guy decided to pay for the bus. I wish I had a camera that I could have caught a picture of the RTS Q44.

Jamaica has spotted trips on the Q44 now. So that was probably a spotted trip.

As far as KB getting NGs, hopefully soon, but not in the immediate future. More hybrids will be going to Yukon/Flatbush and the NGs (with the old battery packs) in Yukon/Flatbush are going to Manhattanville/Michael J. Quill. Some 41xx maybe going to Spring Creek/Far Rockaway and then more for SI.

I was thinking the same thing that the Q44 had to be a school tripper.

It probably. One day, I caught 7 of those RTS buses heading to Merrick. I think that CP borrows a couple of buses from JFK. 103 was on the Q34/Q65 a while back.

Today I went to Jamaica and I spotted a RTS on the Q44. The bus is numbered 8927 and it came from the Jamaica Depot. I saw the bus at Archer Av and Parsons Blvd going towards Merrick Blvd. Also I spotted a Q44 bus from the Kingbridge Depot and the bus was an Orion number 6045. After taking a walk along Jamaica Av and Archer Av, I decided to take the Q113 LTD to Far Rockway to catch the A train. I caught an RTS numbered 8506. It was a good bus ride until someone decided not to pay for the bus and the bus driver stopped the bus and threaten to call the police. Eventually the guy decided to pay for the bus. I wish I had a camera that I could have caught a picture of the RTS Q44.

Ok, let's clarify this.

NovaBus RTS-06 #8927 belongs to East New York. Now, are you SURE you saw THAT bus? WHat you probably saw was NovaBus RTS-06 #8972 on the Q44. Did NovaBus RTS-06 #8927 have Jamaica logos on it?

Come to think of it, you probably did see NovaBus RTS-06 #8927...on the Q24!!!! If that bus was heading towards Merrick Blvd, then it was on the Q24. East New York has that route. So you did not see that NovaBus RTS-06 on the Q44 most likely.

As for Orion 05.501 #6045, that bus is at Casey Stengel but still has the KB logos on it. Friends have told me about that bus.

OK lets clear it up CS does all school trips from Bowne and Francis Lewis going north and Jamaica does the trips going south so there is your answer to why you saw that.CS also got some KB buses to add to the crap they have and I'll say that its more important to provide service then worry about a sticker being changed (NYCT)

Ok, let's clarify this.

NovaBus RTS-06 #8927 belongs to East New York. Now, are you SURE you saw THAT bus? WHat you probably saw was NovaBus RTS-06 #8972 on the Q44. Did NovaBus RTS-06 #8927 have Jamaica logos on it?

Come to think of it, you probably did see NovaBus RTS-06 #8927...on the Q24!!!! If that bus was heading towards Merrick Blvd, then it was on the Q24. East New York has that route. So you did not see that NovaBus RTS-06 on the Q44 most likely.

As for Orion 05.501 #6045, that bus is at Casey Stengel but still has the KB logos on it. Friends have told me about that bus.

The bus 8927 did had the Jamaica Depot stickers on the bus and it was marked as a Q44. I saw the bus little after 1:30pm last Friday.

Ok, let's clarify this.

It could also be 8977.

It happens from time to time---usually to fill in a gap when Stengel is short a bus (I have seen a 95xx unit on the Q44---possibly 9567). But to that end, the Q44 needs to be reassigned as a split between West Farms and Jamaica (either end of the route is within 1500 feet of the garages)---to unlock the value of properties and reduce costs. That would require almost NO deadhead.

In return, Stengel would get the Q17. Just my idea.

It could also be 8977.

It happens from time to time---usually to fill in a gap when Stengel is short a bus (I have seen a 95xx unit on the Q44---possibly 9567). But to that end, the Q44 needs to be reassigned as a split between West Farms and Jamaica (either end of the route is within 1500 feet of the garages)---to unlock the value of properties and reduce costs. That would require almost NO deadhead.

In return, Stengel would get the Q17. Just my idea.

That is a good idea and wondering the same thing that the Q44 is not a split route.

???? to fill a gap? do you even work for the TA? where do you come up with this?

???? to fill a gap? do you even work for the TA? where do you come up with this?

This sometimes comes over the radio and is audible to customers; there will be a call to anyone pulling in at Jamaica to do a round trip on the Q44.

This sometimes comes over the radio and is audible to customers; there will be a call to anyone pulling in at Jamaica to do a round trip on the Q44.

Anyone pulling in from Jamaica...that means a CS bus deadheading back from Merrick not a Jamaica Depot bus

Man you bus bunnies assume so much here you all know everything yet know nothing!

Anyone pulling in from Jamaica...that means a CS bus deadheading back from Merrick not a Jamaica Depot bus

Man you bus bunnies assume so much here you all know everything yet know nothing!

Archived