MTA Stimulus Information

Originally I was looking for new LIRR/MNR fare information and I came across "MTA Stimulus Information". I believe this is the federal stimulus given by Obama, rather than the stimulus given by the state. I read through the pdf file included and saw:

-Money will be spent on rehabilitating the BMT West End Line. All West End stations from 9th Avenue all the way down to Bay 50th Street will receive rehabilitation. In addition, the structure will be rehabilitated as well, in two stages. The first stage will comprise of the structure between 9th Avenue and 62nd Street, the second stage will comprise of the structure between 62nd Street and I suppose, the lead up to Coney Island.

-Yard fencing at several yards will take place at the following: Coney Island/Stillwell Complex, 207th St., ENY, E. 180th, Jerome, Concourse, 239th St, Pitkin Yards

-The East 180th Street headhouse will receive rehab

-Money will be spent on FSTC, the (4)(5) will be rehabbed and money will be spent on the (A)/© mezzanine

-Money will be spent on working on the Phase 1 of the SAS project, most notably the 96th Street station.

-Money will be spent on the Bablyon Car Wash and the Atlantic Avenue LIRR viaduct.

-Money will be used to finance the ESA and for GCT lift renovations

http://www.nymtc.org/Files/TIPcomments_040309/Commentperiod_409_final.pdf

Archived