Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amtrak

New York City Transit Frequencies

Hello Transit Forum,

I belong to a radio scanners listeners club and have some NYCTA frequencies if you have a radio scanner you can hear some of the chatter that goes on below 161.190 158.880 IRT

161.505 158.775 BMT

161.565 158.805 IND

Scancat

What type of radio scanner do you need for that?

Also, how much do they run?

I got a scanner and I bring it with me railfanning all the time. Its very handy to have. We were once on a J Train R42 and the brakes wouldn't release. That was with Trevor, Mike, Jeff and some other people. Turned out it was a B2 Circuit Breaker. The radio chatter was real cool, as well as other stuff that you hear. I have some recordings I made of some cool stuff going on. Let me know if u want to hear.

I need to buy myself a scanner. I live right next to (and I mean 5 houses away) from several very busy commuter, freight and subway lines. I'd love to be able to listen in on when MOW and Freight may be going through. I dont need a scanner for the subways. They come every 5-10 minutes. :P

I am a frequent platelet donor, and I was thinking of ordering a 40 Channel Cobra CB Radio. I am just wondering offhad if I will be able to hear the subway communication with this radio. Thanks

Info about radio: http://rewards.plateletadvantage.com/item/7080300/

No, it won't be able to. Their frequencies operate in the 27's and that's it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.