Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MattTrain

(Q) between Coney Island and Kings Highway

I have some photographs of the (Q) shuttle between Kings Highway and Coney Island. I have to say the displays for the R160 train is rather interesting. Anyways here's some of the photos I took that day, May 17, 2009

002.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

023.jpg

039.jpg

044.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

064.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

095.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

To see the rest go to this section.

Edited by MattTrain

Cool shots. I was out there yesterday and today. I recorded the announcements as well.

That's awesome, thanks for the comments. I can't wait to see those videos.

Nice pics!

Thanks a bunch, Henry!

Nice photos!

Thank you very much, sir.

You won't see much. I just stick the camera's mic to the speaker and record.

As long as it's at least an audio recording of the announcements it's all cool. It's funny, I had a (Q) to Coney Island that said "This is a Coney Island Bound (Q) express train" and a "Kings Highway bound (Q) local train" Pretty neat announcements.

Great shots!

Thanks a bunch, glad you like the photos. :cool:

Nice!

If the (Q) was truncated at Kings Hwy, why does the southern segment have the FIND saying Broadway Exp?

Nice!

If the (Q) was truncated at Kings Hwy, why does the southern segment have the FIND saying Broadway Exp?

Thank you very much, as for the FIND display saing Broadway Express at the top, the conductor was in a hurry to setting up this display. I think it's possible for it to say Shuttle to Coney Island, but this C/R probably omitted stops before Kings Highways, so that might be one reason why that display appears that way.

Nice picture.

I was there both weekend also, checking out (S) Bus.

Thanks for the comment, checking out the (S) bus, cool. I believe the (Q) buses were traveling along Ocean Avenue, I don't know if the (Q) buses are the same ones as the (S) buses you are talking about.

Thanks for the comment, checking out the (S) bus, cool. I believe the (Q) buses were traveling along Ocean Avenue, I don't know if the (Q) buses are the same ones as the (S) buses you are talking about.

Non-stop (S) Buses were using Coney Island Av between Parkside Av & Kings Highway.

Non-stop (S) Buses were using Coney Island Av between Parkside Av & Kings Highway.

Oh wow, that's the B68 route for non stop shuttle buses, I didn't know that, thanks for the info. Actually there were signs at the Kings Highway Station leading to those buses from the Northbound (Q) platform, (southbound (Q) platform was closed and was not used by the shuttle (Q))

Edited by MattTrain