So i found out why we REALLY renumbered the buses.....anyone curious?

LIBusdriver349

HELLO all, it has been awhile i've been soooo busy lately with work and everything.....shifts have been weird...

anyone curious to the real reason we renumbered the old CNGs?....and if you call them junkers i'll have to personally hurt you lol cause i love all of them now including the old 100s 200s 300s 400s as much as i said i hated them.....

i have the secrets lol!!

when we originally got the new computer systems....the ones that now say like...."N23 MANORHAVEN VIA HARBOR ROAD" or N6 VIA HEMPSTEAD TERMPIKE.....the computers couldnt process a bus that only had a 4digit number......the computers were too stupid lol....so they renumbered all of them which is annoying but at the same time when i get 1400s, low 1500s and 1800s it gives me something to do to figure out which bus im actually driving....

altho i can tell alotta them just by driving them

when we originally got the new computer systems....the ones that now say like...."N23 MANORHAVEN VIA HARBOR ROAD" or N6 VIA HEMPSTEAD TERMPIKE.....the computers couldnt process a bus that only had a 4digit number......the computers were too stupid lol....so they renumbered all of them which is annoying but at the same time when i get 1400s, low 1500s and 1800s it gives me something to do to figure out which bus im actually driving....

altho i can tell alotta them just by driving them

Interesting! I heard that the main reason why the renumbering occurred has to do with LIBus going on to the maintenance database that NYCT and MTABus uses. Since a lot of the buses used to have the same number's as the O5's in NYCT, it would caused a problem so there for, they had to be renumbered so like that there won't be any problems in the database

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably kinda off topic.....but do u guys still have any of the old MSBA 657-666 CNG's ANYWHERE?? Commercial Ave, RVC?? I saw a pic of like the front quarter panel of #664 on BusTalk, but I havent seen one of those in almost 12 years. And if u guys have any left, would u mind taking a pic and posting it here? If possible?:( Thanx

I am also curious also.

One time I got on Long Island BUS CNG with old bus sign that says, "This bus is XXX on 4-digit bus.

Yesterday before N93 comes, I look at top level of Roosevelt Field Mall, and 3 digits on CNG are still there on roof.

This is probably kinda off topic.....but do u guys still have any of the old MSBA 657-666 CNG's ANYWHERE?? Commercial Ave, RVC?? I saw a pic of like the front quarter panel of #664 on BusTalk, but I havent seen one of those in almost 12 years. And if u guys have any left, would u mind taking a pic and posting it here? If possible?;) Thanx

oh,the 1992 Orion V CNG 657-666 is retired.

oh,the 1992 Orion V CNG 657-666 is retired.

I know they're retired...but a family member drives 4 LIB (I'm not sure if I should say their name..dnt wanna get them in trouble) and about 3 or 4 years ago, I rode with them to the Mitchell Field yard so they could drop off their bus because i needed a ride home. (Actually, they told me to get off on Oak St. in front of UPS and walk around the corner to the front and wait 4 them 2 drive their car around so they wouldn't get in trouble w/ a supervisor.) ANYWAY...by the time I made it 2 the front apron of the depot, I could see #661 with a smashed-in driver's side windshield and #659, which looked as if it had caught on fire from the engine or something. B4 that, I hadn't seen any on the road in a couple of years, and since then I haven't seen any at all. That's why I was askin....I thought maybe LIB just might have one or two left somewhere on the yard.

Do not post names of employees on the forum. I edited your post just a little so no details are given away. Suits read these forums, and the last thing we want is someone getting in trouble.

Archived