My Model Subways

On Friday, I went to TrainWorld in Brooklyn to add cars to my existing model subway fleet. I bought a 3-car non-powered set of BMT Q cars, which means I'll be able to run a 6-car set of BMT Q's soon. These are the cars I already have so far:

-4 Red R-17s (Powered set, Locosound)

-4 Green R-26s (Powered set, Protosound)

-4 White R-12s (Powered set, Locosound)

-2 Green Lo-Vs (Non-powered, I intend on getting the protosound 4-car set soon)

-6 BMT Qs (Powered set, Protosound)

I run all my trains on a large set of Lionel FasTracks, which is seriously the best type of track for model subway operation.

One day, later than sooner, I intend on posting pictures of my trains on my IRT layout.

So what train cars do you guys have?;)

Sounds like you have a nice fleet going there. Post some pics and let us see these babies. How do you like the Q Cars, I have been thinking of getting an unpowered set of them or of the slants.

There are a few sales for MTH subways going on! Yes Trainworld is still the best but if you are looking for whole sets for cheap check Justtrains.com you will see the AB Standards low v and r40 slants for lower than even trainworld. I have recommended Trainworld to everyone here and other collectors and they are worth it!. I want to put pics or videos of mine up but if someone here can tell me how it would be really appreciated. I have many trains and would like to share my collection with you folks out here. Protosound is the better way to go and you can ask Frank at Trainworld to see how much for a proto 2 upgrade. They do their work at their Long Island branch Trainland. I have bought many trains from them and they fix a few old ones here and there. Also check jimstrainshop.com he has a few sets on sale as well. He's a nice old man in PA but will charge u cheap for shipping. I have to get my R27 6car set, q-type powered set, and AB standard non powered set. Ive got all the other sets MTH has produced and soome CSX, New York Central, Pennsylvania, LIRR, and Amtrak. I'm waiting for my NJ Transit Alp46 and 6car bilevel cars to arrive and pick those up. If u like MNRR, Amtrak, and NJT check Atlas O they have the 21 inch cars however, no engine. Wait for MTH for that. Any other questions let me know. If anyone can help me upload pics & video Please help....

Sounds like you have a nice fleet going there. Post some pics and let us see these babies. How do you like the Q Cars, I have been thinking of getting an unpowered set of them or of the slants.

Thanks. And to answer your question, I think that the Q cars are absolutely great. They are nicely painted, and they are very aesthetically pleasing. It would have been so cool to see a 9-car set or something of BMT Q cars on, say, the (5) or (6) lines, both underground as well as aboveground (of course, this is assuming that there were never any accidents involving wooden cars in the subway, which eventually led to laws banning the use of wooden train cars in tunnels for revenue service)

On Friday, I went to TrainWorld in Brooklyn to add cars to my existing model subway fleet. I bought a 3-car non-powered set of BMT Q cars, which means I'll be able to run a 6-car set of BMT Q's soon. These are the cars I already have so far:

-4 Red R-17s (Powered set, Locosound)

-4 Green R-26s (Powered set, Protosound)

-4 White R-12s (Powered set, Locosound)

-2 Green Lo-Vs (Non-powered, I intend on getting the protosound 4-car set soon)

-6 BMT Qs (Powered set, Protosound)

I run all my trains on a large set of Lionel FasTracks, which is seriously the best type of track for model subway operation.

One day, later than sooner, I intend on posting pictures of my trains on my IRT layout.

So what train cars do you guys have?:P

.........................................................................................

(NYCT)

Heres a few -

http://www.kodakgallery.com/sirt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man as far as an r32 check that on ebay. Unfortunately the original R32 is sold out frank only has the graffitti version. Now the R26 I would check jimstrainshop.com for it. He has it for $310 and a couple more deals especially for the Q-type and the Low-vs. Any questions on the subway sets just let me know. I cant write on your screen so here's my email aalamo12@yahoo.com. If you want info I got plenty. I have a video of my New York Central express on here check that out and scope out the subways there.

Archived