Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
jmpatrick

Large Subway Station Map?

Hello all!

I tried searching for this but had no luck: 15 years ago I was able to purchase a large MTA Subway Map by phone. At the time it was about $10 or so. I've checked online and eBay but I can't seem to find a source for a current one. Do they still sell the large Subway Station Map posters to the general public?

Thanks.

jp

The Transit Museum Annex at Grand Central used to sell them. They ran for fifteen dollars plus tax.

Last time I was there they still had some. I don't know the price but I think you can call the MTA to get one. I know my high school and the one my sister went to had large system maps as well as neighborhood maps too.

Last time I was there they still had some. I don't know the price but I think you can call the MTA to get one. I know my high school and the one my sister went to had large system maps as well as neighborhood maps too.

I went there about a month ago. I don't think they still sell it. Most of the products at the store are subway mugs, T-Shirts, Railroad Models, and books. All of the good stuff was probably taken away for space for the Underground Tunnels exhibition.

They only seem to sell the framed system map from in stations on the walls & in the cars, and the kind that show the nearby stations and neighborhood highlights, like famous resturants places of interest. Those neighborhood maps are much cooler than the "Big Map" they put on the platforms i think, but it would be neat to have one of the big ones! :cool:

- A

I went there about a month ago. I don't think they still sell it. Most of the products at the store are subway mugs, T-Shirts, Railroad Models, and books. All of the good stuff was probably taken away for space for the Underground Tunnels exhibition.

Hell, just call the MTA and ask to buy one. They will sell you anything for the right price.